Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot add movie artwork after 12.0.1 update

I'm noticing when trying to edit Movie artwork, iTunes will not allow to load image files as artwork, since the update. Remains screen cap from random point. Any ideas?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 12:22 PM

I can't take credit, as I found the shortcut elsewhere, but try holding down the option key when selecting "get info". This will open up the info window that looks more akin to the iTunes 11 version (with all its requisite fields). Simply apply the artwork like you would have in iTunes 11 (I copied and pasted an image file from online to my imported mp4 movie). I tried this a number of times using the iTunes 12 version of the "get info" window and it would always look like it was trying to apply the artwork, but would then revert to a screen-cap from the movie, as you described.

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2014 12:22 PM in response to itsdavee

I can't take credit, as I found the shortcut elsewhere, but try holding down the option key when selecting "get info". This will open up the info window that looks more akin to the iTunes 11 version (with all its requisite fields). Simply apply the artwork like you would have in iTunes 11 (I copied and pasted an image file from online to my imported mp4 movie). I tried this a number of times using the iTunes 12 version of the "get info" window and it would always look like it was trying to apply the artwork, but would then revert to a screen-cap from the movie, as you described.

Nov 30, 2014 1:59 PM in response to itsdavee

Holding ""option," and clicking "get info," has worked for me. However I'm running into a few specific files that no matter what artwork tab is greyed out, and it won't let me change it. However, these specific files also won't play, even though iTunes will accept and add them to my movie lists. So I presune the copy has some copyrighting attached or something else that is keeping iTunes from liking it. I've uploaded about 150 movies lately, and only Oblivion, Drive, Donnie Darko, Enemy at the Gates and Mary Poppins have had this issue. And I've been able to delete and find another version of Mary Poppins, Darko and Drive that would work. But so far two copies of Enemy at the Gates, and 4-5 copies of Oblivion have all had this same issue. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd appreciate it.

Dec 1, 2014 10:54 AM in response to FozzIT

The option button. Left of command. Hold it down when selecting "Get Info," from the right click menu. when you click GI, continue to hold option until you see the alternative screen pop up. This may not happen to everyone but if I just select get info and hold option key momentarily, sometimes it will just open the normal edit tabs. You will know if it worked. what you get while pressing option is pretty different.

cannot add movie artwork after 12.0.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.