Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia CUDA drivers says it needs an update but says no update available

I am trying to update the driver for my NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800 for my 2008 Mac Pro. It says that I need to install a new CUDA driver, but it says there are no newer versions available. I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded and installed the driver manually, but the only one it seems to update is the GPU driver.

User uploaded file

I am trying to edit in Premier Pro but I'm unable to use the CUDA driver, which is going to suck when I render out this 45 minute wedding.

Any solutions to this, or am I SOL?

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 10:40 AM

46 replies

Oct 21, 2014 11:05 AM in response to vtonangi

okay, this might help you. I dunno what OS you have, only that you have a CUDA program with your Quadro FX 4800. If you go to nvidia's website, I think you can find the CUDA driver for nvidia cards. it's under driver downloads, then go to "Beta, Older Drivers and More" and there you wil find the Cuda driver for mac, as for getting it to run in Premier Pro, I can't say, it should support it, but if not you have to use the terminal and some other stuff to add it to

apparently after you install the CUDA driver, you have to go into system preferences for the CUDA control panel and updating it, also in Premiere Pro, after restarting, go to File, then Project Settings, then general, then Video Rendering. the cuda choice should be there. also, check out Preferences, Preview, then click on the GPU info button to launch the dialog box. also check out vidmuze.com (the blog ) for a video on how to enable the GPU CUDA in Adobe CS 6. that's all i have

John b

Oct 24, 2014 8:06 AM in response to vtonangi

Why does that screenshot say 2.3 instead of 6.5?

I'm using a Mac Pro 2008, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Mac OS X 10.10. I'm not experiencing this problem after I installed the latest CUDA driver (cudadriver-6.5.18-macos.dmg dated Aug 21, 2014 8:49 PM) after the NVIDIA driver was updated to 343.01.01f01.

I had to download the CUDA driver from http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.18-driver.html

Oct 29, 2014 10:06 PM in response to joevt

I have currently a fx4800 and 4000 in my 5,1 machine and a few days ago I uploaded the latest cuda driver and it didn't work. So I reinstalled my graphics driver and manually installed cuda 5.5.28 and it is now working. Im still using mountain lion since mavericks was so buggy. And now Yosemite came out so fast it leads me to believe I made the right move for now. Im still using CS6 production suite and not CC, since my needs doesn't need CC at this time. To see if cuda is working I ran Cuda-Z free program to see if can access Cuda. With my current setup yes..but with the latest Cuda with the latest 313 driver for mountain lion was a fail. I hope nvidia will continue to support older cards with Cuda updates, not everyone needs to use maverick or yosemite. PS..I wish Adobe will fix the audio dropout for Premiere CS6 and not just the latest version of Premiere CC.

Nov 14, 2014 2:07 AM in response to vtonangi

I have raised a Case with Nvidia and it has now been escalated to a Level 2 engineer. I got the following response from the engineer:

The case was escalated to me. We have received reports of this issue and currently investigating the problem. We're not sure yet why the CUDA Preference is prompting for update but this does sound like a bug we'll need to look into. I'll keep you posted on the issue as the bug is updated.

I also noticed that driver has now been reverted back to OS X Default Graphics Driver with the NVIDIA Web Driver 343.01.01f03 being Not Compatible according to the NVIDIA Driver Manager Preferences application.

Nov 14, 2014 11:28 AM in response to shailesh001

The problem is that, CUDA.frameworks doesn't have an entry for 343.01.01 web driver.

To fix the 'Update Required' problem,

Go to /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

Open Info.plist with your favorite text editor.

Find <key>NVDAResmanVersions</key> and add

<key>343.01.01</key>

<string>343.01.01</string>

save it and reboot.

'Update Required' will be gone but not sure it will enable CUDA support for Premier Pro.

Nov 19, 2014 1:41 PM in response to vtonangi

From http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

Nvidia CUDA 6.5.25 for Mac OS X (10.10.x to 10.8.x) that hopefully solves the "CUDA Update required" issue with v6.5.18 when using Nvidia Graphics drivers for OS X Yosemite.

Update/FYI: The first post on this update in a previous thread on the CUDA problem (2009 MacPro w/Quadro 4000 card running OS X 10.10.1) said he's still seeing the "CUDA Update Required" message after installing both the 6.5.25 CUDA update and 343.01.02f01 graphics driver update.

(I wonder if a safe boot/reinstall from the D/Ls would matter.)

Nvidia's 343.01.02f01 Mac driver update for OS X 10.10.1 (14B25).

Nvidia CUDA drivers says it needs an update but says no update available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.