Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-3403D error

Hello community,

Id like to run an Internet AHT (no DVD with me)on my mid-2010 MacBook Pro but this message always appears:

apple.com/support -3403D.

Anyone knows about this error?

Thanks for your help

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 11:48 AM

29 replies

Sep 27, 2017 6:14 AM in response to ghjorazz

I have it too. Using an old (around 2010) and now problematic iMac.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201257

I think in my case, and maybe yours too, this paragraph pertains:

If you're using OS X Lion v10.7 or earlier and you can't get AHT to start, see if you have an OS X installation disc named “Applications Install Disc 2.” Insert the disc in your internal optical drive or external Apple SuperDrive before following the steps above. Or, if you're using a MacBook Air (Late 2010), plug the MacBook Air Software Reinstall thumb drive into your USB port instead.

The problem with my iMac is that the internal optical drive broke very early after purchasing this iMac. Actually it broke in (or around) an earthquake back in 2011 :-P It just won't swallow any optical disc since.

May 7, 2015 12:49 PM in response to NickD73

MY MBP was working very well with yosemite (mid 2010 build) until it 'updated' last week. Now I can't even use it without it crashing!! I'm so annoyed. I get the impression that the newer the software & the older the machine, the less likely these two will cooperate together! Are there any clever techies out there who can help diagnose the problem before I wipe the hard drive & re-install from a back up? I'm only glad I have an iPad to use while I'm stuck with this problem! 😠

-3403D error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.