Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't edit the song title anymore in iTunes 12.0.1

Or am I missing something?

I usually would just click on the song and it would let me change the title of the song, now it's not doing anything.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1, iPhone 6 iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 7:10 AM

22 replies

Oct 23, 2014 2:40 AM in response to rSweetjones

Options:

• Highlight a song, press F2 to edit the name.
  • In the songs/list views you can edit text fields by clicking twice just to the right of the invisible cell boundary at the left edge of the cell.
  • Press Ctrl+I to bring up the Get Info dialog.
  • Right-click on a file and hold down shift while selecting Get Info for the old style dialog box.

tt2

Nov 6, 2014 4:18 PM in response to rSweetjones

I know you have a PC. Here's what worked for me on a Mac. Maybe there's a "Finder" equivalent on your PC.

1. Highlight the song in iTunes.

2. Right click on song.

3. Select; "Show in Finder".

5. Edit in Finder.

6. Verify changes in iTunes.

7. Click on song in iTunes and it automatically remaps to the proper file path and the song should play.

This worked on my iMac, good luck.

Nov 24, 2014 7:44 AM in response to United92

Unable to change the name of a song in itunes 12. Right clicking and opening up "get info" only seems to work with songs I've purchased thru itunes store. I've tried all else suggested on this site - nothing works with my pc. Never had this problem with the older version. BTW, none of my 18,000 songs are marked as "read only", but It appears that the files are "read only" since the only field I can change is the rating field.

Nov 26, 2014 1:22 PM in response to bill162

I don't know for certain how it works internally but it would seem that some file operations are actioned via the SYSTEM account and some via the users account. As long as both have full access rights everything seems to work properly. If iTunes detects that it doesn't have permission to make changes when working with a single file then it displays them as uneditable in Get Info. When working will multiple files it just won't apply them. My guess is that something changed in iTunes 12 regarding which account it uses.

tt2

I can't edit the song title anymore in iTunes 12.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.