Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite - Mail grouping unrelated messages from same sender

Since upgrading to Yosemite, mail is grouping messages (I have it set to group by conversation) by sender rather than by conversation. So now I have three different subjects lines all grouped together in a hodgepodge that is frustrating to sort through. I tried ungrouping, which separated them all, and regrouping and the problem still persists. I have restarted and still no luck. Anyone else having this issue? Any 'cures'?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 22, 2014 9:34 AM

31 replies

Nov 17, 2014 6:49 AM in response to CJS64

I'm getting this issue with GMail.

Checking in the GMail interface shows the conversations all being grouped correctly. Apple Mail is linking based on something else. Disabling 'Group by Conversation' helps to remove some confusion but doesn't resolve the problem (related messages are still linked incorrectly).

Not sure what Apple have done to their Mail client but it needs remedying pronto.

Report feedback to Apple --> http://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Skeleton text (feel free to amend) to make reporting easier.

"Hello.

I am experiencing issues with message grouping within Apple Mail since upgrading to OS X Yosemite (10.10).

Email messages are being grouped incorrectly from different threads and are being confused/merged into one. Other than making mail navigation confusing/frustrating - productivity is being effected significantly.

This issue is being reported on multiple message board and requires immediate attention.

Please advise."

Nov 21, 2014 9:50 AM in response to CJS64

I am having the same problem. Have just sent an email to Apple.

"I am experiencing issues with message grouping within Apple Mail since upgrading to OS X Yosemite (10.10).

Email messages are being grouped incorrectly from different threads and are being confused/merged into one. The messages are from different senders, with different subjects, and different dates. Nothing that I can see that would cause mail to merge them together. It is a huge problem because some of the emails don’t even show up as being in this chain, and I have just accidentally found them.

I need to know 1. How to keep this from happening, and 2. how to separate the ones that have already gotten linked.

This issue is being reported on multiple message board and requires immediate attention.

Please advise."

Yosemite - Mail grouping unrelated messages from same sender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.