Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes not plying HDCP on yosemite

I've recently upgraded to Yosemite (for a good apple customer) on my iMac, everything works fine, the phone calls handoff is cool. But now the problem is that iTunes AND quicktime won't play the shows. There is the HDCP error, so I tried to play the SD format and got the same error. I searched around for answers but people only ask because of a second monitor, which I don't use, just on the native screen. I've restarted the SMC several times, and still nothing, reinstalled iTunes 12, same error. so I have a theory that its the "connection" between intel CPU to yosemite to the AMD graphics in HD. But when I share the library to my macbook air in Yosemite also (early 2014, 11"), the shows play fine, probably because both graphics and CPU are intel. I might have forgot something here, but any solutions?

iMac mid-2011

Processor

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache

Graphics

2.5 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 23, 2014 12:20 PM

14 replies

Oct 30, 2014 4:08 AM in response to Palsecam

I got the same problem and I red some stuff that might gives the solution to which files to delete:

Netflix display error with Safari 8/OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Is there any software like DisplayLink (makes your PC able to use an additional monitor via usb) installed on your Macs? I have the hdcp problem for both iTunes and netflix. Unfortunately the DisplayLink deinstallation package doesn't work under Yosemite and I am not sure where to find all the files one needs to get rid of. But as long as town doesn't tell us his secret this might be a first step towards the solution...

Oct 30, 2014 8:13 PM in response to flabslab21

The issue is from Safari defaulting to HTML5 vs using Silverlight like it did in Mavericks.

So the options are, if you want to use Safari goto your Netflix account, playback preferences and turn off HTML5. This will revert to Silverlight and will AirPlay fine*in Safari.

If you want to use HTML5, just leave the setting for HTML5 on in Netflix and use Chrome, or Firefox.

You can't currently have both Safari and HTML5 Netflix when using AirPlay. You'd think Safari would be a little bit more powerful with Apples stances on browser extensions.

Nov 12, 2014 5:16 AM in response to badlands006

Displaylink is a software allowing some video projectors to work with a USB connection or wireless via Bluetooth with a specific -and expensive- USB connector.

Some Infocus video projectors have this, and it's very useful.

Displaylink has to be updated at each OsX update or upgrade.

The last update (oct 2014) is supposed to work with Yosemite.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php

hb60

itunes not plying HDCP on yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.