Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I push to hard on my iPod touch 5th Generation screen will it that part stop working, without any visible damage?

I think I am paranoid, but if I push to hard on the screen will it just break, and stop working, without any visible damage?

Thanks

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 2:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 6:57 AM in response to vinny3777

well if you push hard the display could break. the 'screen' has three parts

-gorilla glass

-touch pick up

-LCD

the gorilla glass is just the glass on you're device, the one that usually breaks if you drop it face down, it smashes like glass but the screen usually picks up where you touch it and you can still see whats on the screen

the touch pick up is a grid of tiny wires across the screen that pick up where your finger touches the screen, if this breaks then you're touchscreen doesn't respond. this has happened to me when repairing an iPod screen, a very fine thinner than hair crack went across the screen beneath the glass, then it didn't respond to touch below that crack

the LCD is most likely to break if you press hard on the screen. LCD means Liquid Crystal Display. it is made of thousands of tiny reg green and blue pixels which each contain the liquid crystals. this part is the bit that you see everything on, it is the true display of you're device. if this breaks it will look cracked and the colours and everything on the screen will be ruined. my macbook LCD crashed and it made black, red, green, purple lines all over the screen and would flicker and was very very annoying, the whole display had to be replaced D: also wherever you press the cracks would start from, like the root system of a plant. the display wouldn't probably just stop working but just be a total mess, depending on how server it is you may not be able to read anything on the screen.

the device should be able to take some strain, like if it changes colour around region you press on but Don't press any harder!!!!!!!!!! also DO NOT press much on any screen if it has no protective glass. like a TV, a tv just has an LCD, no glass so i estimate it would easily break it you flicked it hard, don't do it 🙂

don't be paranoid about you're iPod screen, it probably won break very easily (unless dropped, or something hits it hard), but i wouldn't press on it hard because you can easily be charged $50+ for a repair, and for MacBooks the repair goes into the hundreds of $

If I push to hard on my iPod touch 5th Generation screen will it that part stop working, without any visible damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.