Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes error 53

When I started to update your iPhone 6 plus to ios 8.1, I get an error 53, what to do? Iphone become a brick! Requests itunes and all! DFU and recovery to the same! No connection to the server upgrade.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 11:23 AM

12 replies

Feb 9, 2015 9:33 PM in response to Turbo1111

Спустя 3 месяца iPhone починили, чему был несказанно рад. Хвала и слава ExpertLab'у в г. Хабаровске.

Сослались на проблему с TouchID без какой-либо конкретики. Особо настаивать на раскрытие подробностей не стал. Работает да и ладно...

Так что проблема решабельна.

Apr 10, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Turbo1111

Error 53 based on the information that I've gathered is a hardware issue that stems from Touch ID.

The recurring theme between the reports seems to be replacement of the screen or the home button.

When a home button is replaced with a button from a different the device it causes an issue with the Touch ID functionality leading to error 53.

What I would recommend doing is calling apple support and going over some troubleshooting steps with them.

If a backup / restore does not resolve the issue then take the device in for service or mail it in.

Something like this should not be considered accidental damage so it should be free.

Now if you're out of warranty then you're out of luck as with any manufacturer.

Aug 15, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Rudegar

53 is a corrupted file. Namely, the meta data header.
Usually you can either re-download the file or using your computer, there are mp3 repair tools that should help.
It completely blows me away that Apple created this error code, then has absolutely no documentation of it anywhere.

Same with 50, 53 and 69...most common syncing errors.
Worst customer service in the industry.

itunes error 53

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.