Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c Screen Popped Out?

Recently I had dropped my phone. The left upper corner popped out, and there is no other damage besides that. I looked up online if that has happened with other iPhone 5c users, and it has. The same thing has happened to a lot of people. The screen did not crack, there are no scratches, and I was wondering if I could get someone to fix it for me. I can't just pop it back in, risking breaking it. I was wondering if you could fix this if I brought it into the Omaha Apple Store in Village Pointe, and how much it would be, or if it could be free. All that I believe needs to be done is a screen re-adjusting. I say I shouldn't have to pay for it since there is no real damage. Please reply so I can get this over with before I get any damage.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2014 4:36 PM

29 replies

Feb 23, 2017 7:24 AM in response to AlexPinsent

The top right corner on my 5c popped out when it slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. I checked the iFixIt link that Courcoul's supplied in order to understand the clips, and read warnings from techie people who say it's safest to open the phone to re-seat the screen. I decided the complexities of that might lead to new dangers for someone who didn't have tons of experience, so I risked the simple route: I turned off the phone, placed it face down on a pad of paper, and used the heel of my palm to press down by the camera lens, trying to increase pressure gradually. There was a pop/click sound, and now all is well. Thanks, Alex and everybody else!

Mar 25, 2015 11:15 PM in response to AlexPinsent

Alex: Thank You soooo much. My Iphone C also popped out in the right corner after I dropped it. I had tried to push down on the right corner from the front and this only created fear. After reading your post, I set it on a flat table face down, as you suggested, but on a thin place mat to protect the screen. When I pushed down on the back with my thumb on the corner where it had popped out, it clicked into place. I am so relieved. Again, thank you!

Apr 1, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Ahjuju223

The screen is held by the two Pentalobe screws on the bottom, but just clips on the top and side edges so a tumble may cause them to come undone. Same happened to my boss' i5, just all across the top edge. Push it back in and there's a good chance it will pop in unharmed.

Might want to take a browse of the iFixIt screen replacement teardown so you can visualize how it is put together and where the clips lie. See especially the side view on the alternate pic on Step 26 so you can see the clips on the shield plate.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5c+Front+Panel+Replacement/22872

iPhone 5c Screen Popped Out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.