Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12 track names not found and user not registered for online use

I recently downloaded itunes 12, and now when I try to import a CD the track names or CD information is not found.... So when I click on options to Get Track Names....it tells me user is not registered for online use... I am running windows 7.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing - didn't work.

I have tried removing a file and then have it repaired... didn't work.

Any other ideas on how to solve this problem?

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 12:22 PM

46 replies

Nov 1, 2014 9:34 AM in response to mood6063

You could try deleting the entire%appdata%/Apple Computer folder or look for parallel files/folders in the C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local or C:\Users\<User>\AppData\LocalLow folders in case a corrupt file is persisting there.

Or it might not be the preference files after all...

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Nov 1, 2014 10:32 AM in response to turingtest2

I did notice, that my total song count (which was there this morning) is now missing on the bottom iTunes task bar...I'd liked seeing 9817 songs 🙂 looking forward to 10,000 as my next milestone....

Not sure how you get to 30,000 but no doubt you will make it sooner than you think. Wish I can send to you the $30 per incident cost Apple wanted to charge me 🙂

cheers -

Nov 1, 2014 10:38 AM in response to mood6063

mood6063 wrote:

I did notice, that my total song count (which was there this morning) is now missing on the bottom iTunes task bar...I'd liked seeing 9817 songs 🙂 looking forward to 10,000 as my next milestone....

Press Ctrl+/

Check your other preferences such as those for Import Format, Keep... & Copy... etc. which will have been reset.

tt2

itunes 12 track names not found and user not registered for online use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.