Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm Clock not working with iOS 8.1

I am running iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus and I have a number of alarm clocks set up on it to go off throughout the day.

Very recently I noticed that the alarms that I have set up for the morning don't go off. I triple checked all of the settings, and they should be working. I've also turned the Ringer Volume up all the way, and still nothing. When I finally wake up and check my iPhone, there is no message that an alarm had ever gone off.

However, once I hit the sleep/wake button, and begin using my iPhone, the alarms that I have set later in the day seem to go off as scheduled.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus, 16 GB, ATT

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 9:18 AM

Brian Zigler wrote:

I am running iOS 8.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus and I have a number of alarm clocks set up on it to go off throughout the day.

Very recently I noticed that the alarms that I have set up for the morning don't go off. I triple checked all of the settings, and they should be working. I've also turned the Ringer Volume up all the way, and still nothing. When I finally wake up and check my iPhone, there is no message that an alarm had ever gone off.

However, once I hit the sleep/wake button, and begin using my iPhone, the alarms that I have set later in the day seem to go off as scheduled.

Are you talking about the built in alarm clock that came with the phone or a 3rd party alarm clock that you downloaded?

If the latter - check their support site.

if the built in one, my works perfectly.

58 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2014 9:18 AM in response to Brian Zigler

Brian Zigler wrote:

Are you talking about the built in alarm clock that came with the phone or a 3rd party alarm clock that you downloaded?

If the latter - check their support site.

if the built in one, my works perfectly.

Oct 28, 2014 9:20 AM in response to Brian Zigler

1. Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.
  2. If that fails, delete and recreate the alarms in question.

Nov 13, 2014 1:26 PM in response to Brian Zigler

I am also having the same issue where the alarm doesnt work when the iphone 5 is locked.

I have recreated the alarms but it still doesnt work.

I actually woke up before the alarm this morning to see what happens when its suppose to go off, and it did one really short vibrate and stopped. Its almost as if the alarm\clock app crashes in the background.

No wonder i slept in and was late to work yesterday.

Any one been able to fix it?

Nov 26, 2014 5:48 AM in response to MFLeal

If you've tried resetting, and deleting and recreating the alarms, the next steps would be to restore from back up, restore as new. If you have to go the restore as new route, test the alarm before you add back any of your apps. If it works, add the apps back in small batches (2-3) and test after each addition. It is possible the probem is caused by an interaction with a particular app. This seems especially likely as most people can't replicate the issue. Best of luck.

Alarm Clock not working with iOS 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.