Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Delete" button in "Image Capture" app.

Hello!

"Delete" button disappeared from my Image Capture app that I use to import new photos from my iPhone. See the attach.

PS This problem referes only to my specific iPhone only - I connected another iPhone instead of my own - and voila! - button appeared again, but not for my own device!

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 2012

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 11:51 PM

32 replies

Jul 10, 2017 2:26 PM in response to Allison Sheridan

This worked -> (from Allison Sheridan: The thing you need to turn off is called iCloud Photo Library (Beta), not Image Capture beta. On your iOS device, go to Settings, iCloud, Photos, and then flip the switch off for iCloud Photo Library (Beta)), but first I had to disconnect the iPhone from the computer, then reconnect it. After reconnection, the delete circle (with crossbar through it) reappeared on the Image Capture app. I clicked it and, voila, the delete option was right there. (note: my iCloud Photo Library didn't say "beta").

Nov 6, 2014 6:05 PM in response to WestVanPete

From your screen shot, I’m wondering if it is a localization problem. I think the delete button is being squished out.

If you don’t have it turned on already, try enabling Full Keyboard Access in the Keyboard system prefs, Shortcuts tab.

When in Image Capture, tab to highlight the buttons. When the Rotate button is highlighted, tab once more, then hit spacebar (if the Import To button isn’t highlighted).

With Full Keyboard Access, you can tab to controls and execute the outlined control by hitting spacebar (the default button--filled in--is activated with Return key as normal).

No "Delete" button in "Image Capture" app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.