Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Concern: atos?

I just tried to start an app Bentos and I got a pop-up that said:

"atos needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type your password to allow this."

As I don't know what this is I cancelled out and then immediately go the following:

"Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type your password to allow this."

Again I have cancelled out as I have no clue what this or if it is safe.

Does anyone know what is. Unfortunately Bentos will not start until I press continue, so I am stuck until I am confident enough to proceed with it.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 8:02 PM

Bento is incompatible. Don't try to use it.

19 replies

Nov 4, 2014 10:19 PM in response to Caraline

I posted a question on the FileMaker support page & got a phone call back from tech support within minutes..... very impressive!

The sad news however is that according to the gentleman I spoke to, Bento is not supported under Yosemite. He told me that those files I was concerned about giving permission to were perfectly safe to accept, but that I was getting them because of the not supported status & that it would not run. He was correct. I can not get Bento to run. So sad as I can not access my little file. It won't be a big deal to type it up in a spreadsheet.... but Allan Eckert might I suggest you export your files somewhere for safe keeping as some time up the track you may find that you won't be able to access your files as well.

Nov 7, 2014 3:08 PM in response to Caraline

I've received the same message when opening Bento, only since updating to Yosemite. Once I type my password, Bento opens & functions perfectly, however. I've synced it with Bento 4 on my iPhone and iPad and everything works exactly as it always has. The nuisance is that I used to keep Bento open on my Mac all the time so that I could sync from my devices as needed. I no longer do this, however, because the atos message will hang my computer on reboot while it's waiting for the password. There is apparently a way to tell our systems to allow this access all the time, thus negating the need to type the system password. I haven't found clear directions for doing this yet, however. If I figure it out, I'll post it here. From my experience, though, if you type in your system password when asked by the atos message, Bento should open and function perfectly. If the issue is with data backup on your Blackberry, maybe the atos message is related to all database backups, which is what your Blackberry backup is. There must be a debugging process that is run when first accessing a database. Considering you don't use Bento, this sounds like a Yosemite bug related to database code more than a problem specific to Yosemite. Whatever the case, I sure hope someone figures out how to permanently authorize access to the databases so that this hangup can be alleviated. I'm not at all proficient in writing or amending code, but I'll keep researching a solution. Based on what I've read so far, I think it's a pretty simple one.

Nov 16, 2014 8:49 AM in response to Caraline

I'm running Yosemite on a 2012 MacBook Pro and using Bento. I was wondering what the atos security issue was all about and have had that answered here, thank you.

When I launch Bento, however, I cancel the atos security requests and Bento continues to work properly. I'm still able to manually sync with my iPhone, too.

Nov 22, 2014 8:53 AM in response to Caraline

I have Bento and have had for a couple of years now and love the application with it's syncing to my iPhone and my multiple libraries that I use all the time. I too have seen this error message when opening Bento 4. I started receiving this error message after updating to Yosemite as well. I didn't know what this was until today. I have always CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL until the message stopped popping up and Bento's went on and opened. I'm able to sync to my devices with no problems, make entries, deleted entries, update entries with no additional problems. Able to make backups of the data base and save those backups to different locations, iMac, Box, Dropbox, EXHD's. Went into SYS ADMIN logon and in the APPLICATION folder, BENTO 4 is not even on the list. Thought that under the sys admin you could put in the id/pw and that would resolve the problem. So, I just continue to cancel until the pop up message goes away. Then Bento opens and all works normally. Because Filemaker sucked into buying their product and then stopped selling and supporting their product we just have to tolerate these little problems unless you want to buy their new data base products. Filemaker did tell me once when they stopped supporting and selling Bento that one could migrate their Bento data base into Filemaker's data base product somewhat easily. However, I didn't need a server based data base product at that time and still don't. Mine is a personal data base with multiple libraries. It's a shame that Filermaker has decided to go totally after the business world and drop the individuals from their product line. 2015 may see me developing a data base in NUMBERS which allows me to put that file or files into iCloud. I liked that I could have my personal data base on my iPhone an iPad at my finger tips to refer to my data base at any location in the world. JR

Feb 20, 2015 8:00 AM in response to Caraline

FYI I'm still using Bento, and the only thing I noticed is the 2 messages

"Atos needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type your password to allow this."

and

"Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Type your password to allow this."

that appear after quitting Bento.

Security Concern: atos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.