Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus: Crashes, Crashes, CRASHES!!!!!

I have been a very satisfied iPhone 4 and 5 user, while I am now astonished how Apple impaired the smooth IOS experience with iPhone 6 Plus, which I got the first day of its availability.

I don't want to talk about the UI not being anymore as perfectly smooth as it used to be, or the absolutely unintelligent choice of 1 GB or RAM in such an expensive device, which causes frustrating re-initialization of the contents in applications, yet what I want to address here is how frustrating has become Safari, which crashes so many times to be considered unreliable.

I want Apple to quickly solve these problems through a software update, or I can't imagine myself keep wasting my precious time in front of a device that keeps crashing and force me to wait for it to reload contents inside the internet browser.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 9:37 PM

23 replies

Aug 20, 2017 4:50 AM in response to Pittore

My iPhone 6plus 64gb keeps crashing and sometimes it's jammed I need to press the power button then it works. In a day it it crashes almost every 1 hours.im using iOS 10.3.3 my storage memory shown 57.18 gb but it's still hang I have done almost all reset factory, press power button and home to clear cache deleted all app which I have installed

Nov 8, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Pittore

Start out by answering this, did you restore the new phone from a backup of your old device? Your profile reports that you are using iOS 8.0.2, the latest is iOS 8.1, so try updating your device. If you still experience problems, then try restoring the device as new and without adding any content back, test the device. Understand, this will delete all content from your phone. If it works well, then try restoring to your last backup. If the problems return, then there is something wrong with your backup.

Nov 8, 2014 10:18 AM in response to Pittore

Have the iPhone 6 Plus with 128gb memory. It crashes regularly (Apple logo reboot and recurring
reboot) whenever I seem to reach a particular point of memory use - very
approximately 50% of overall memory allocation for app storage.

I've restored the phone back to the iOS 8.1 base several times and then either restored from
backups or re-added apps one at a time.

With the restore from backup (originally taken from my old iPhone 5 64gb) the crashes start to
occur immediately - although the iPhone 5 itself does not crash.

With the individual app restore all seems to be ok with the build up until I reach about 50gb of
memory capacity used point when the crashes start to regularly occur again. I
have well over 1,000 apps in total - although the majority are not used.

Settings/Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage/Diagnostics & Usage Data shows a huge number of JetSamEvent…
log files - so are these indicative of the memory related crashes?

Various web links refer to this such as -

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/11/07/rumor-faulty-flash-memory-in-select-ip hone-6-6-plus-units-prompts-apple-to-make-switch

But its not clear yet whether Apple recognise this as a problem that requires the iPhone 6 64GB and iPhone 6 Plus 128GB to be exchanged for the same model with different memory type. I've made an appointment to see an Apple Store 'Genius' about this but will be pointless if does require a recall of faulty phones but the replacements are not ready to ship yet...

Nov 9, 2014 12:04 AM in response to Pittore

Thank you everybody for the kind contributions to the discussion.
I apologize as I forgot to update the informations about my devices here, the IOS installed in my iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) is 8.1 and not 8.02 as indicated. I installed it though iTunes as it became available a while ago, and simply kept experiencing the issues described.

Nov 15, 2014 8:03 AM in response to nuppar

Hi Nuppar,

My issue is very similar to yours on my 6 Plus 128GB with iOS 8.1. I only have 70 apps. She has been working perfectly for 4 weeks until I loaded 20,000 photo to push usage to 60GB the other day. A few hours later the same day, it kept rebooting by itself indefinitely when I was playing a song via my car audio. I took out the photos and usage was back to 40GB and it works perfectly again since. I agree it looks more like memory hardware related. Only a recall and replacement with a different memory type may solve this. I am a big fan and will patiently wait.

Gary

Nov 18, 2014 1:20 PM in response to Pittore

I just received my 64gb 6plus about a week ago. I was experiencing the same internet crashing issue. I just updated to 8.1.1, and Safari crashed again. Someone please fix this issue or give us new phones. I had my 4s for three years and am a huge Apple fan. So I will be patient, but this phone was expensive and I expect it to work well at such a basic level. FYI, I have only used 9.3gb and have about 50 apps.

Nov 18, 2014 1:25 PM in response to Jerusha78

Who do you think you are addressing here? Under the TOS that you agreed to, you were told Apple does not participate here. This is a user to user technical support forum. If you wait patiently for me to give you a new phone, you will be patiently waiting for a long time. It is wonderful that you are a huge Apple fan and had your iPhone 4s for three years, but none of that has anything to do with the problem at hand. You had a Safari crash on the phone.

What user troubleshooting have you tried on the phone? Try force closing the app and performing a reset on the phone. If that does not work, then perform a restore from a backup. Still having problems? Then restore the device as new. Something there should work, and if it doesn't, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service provider, depending on where you are located. Very easy to deal with.

Nov 18, 2014 1:44 PM in response to Jerusha78

I wasn't rude, I just responded to what you posted. Look back at what you said. You really did not ask for a solution, and you certainly did not indicate that you had done any troubleshooting steps. If you do not want to go through the troubleshooting necessary to fix a problem, then unfortunately, you will not be able to get it taken care of. How you handle it from there is your decision.

Nov 18, 2014 2:24 PM in response to Pittore

I have an iPhone 6 plus with 128 GB with iOS 8.1.1 installed AND NO ZOOM FOR APPEARANCE OF ICONS, etc. shuton until one hour ago. It crashes again and again and I could do screenshots only directly after reboot as long as I not shutoff the screen one time. I SHUTON ZOOM ON APPEARANCE one hour ago and the crashes STOPPED and I can do again screenshots under all circumstances again AFTER SHUTON AND SHUTOFF THE SCREEN AGAIN AND AGAIN in portrait and landscape mode. Clearly is that a workaround of an STILL existing bug IN THE GUI environment of iOS 8.* for iPhone 6 plus with 128 GB.

Regards Michael

Nov 18, 2014 3:10 PM in response to Gary Or

I've installed iOS 8.1.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and it has NOT cured this problem. Had previously found by trial and error that it seems definitely to be an issue with the number of apps installed rather than the amount of memory used - or its a combination of the number of apps and the overall memory used for their storage.

Can install up to about 940 apps with the phone still staying reasonably stable. I had also after this added about 30GB of music and still no problem after several days. So then added about 3GB of podcasts and still no problem.

So yesterday, upgraded to 8.1.1 and after backing up (probably a waste of time), the phone has again been mostly trouble free today. So added about 20 apps later today and the crashes and self reboots started all over again...

Seems to me it's certain Apple know about this problem but either can't or won't fix it. I raised the issue through Apples online chat (BEFORE 8.1.1 became available) telling them about my experience only to be told they wanted me to speak to one of their senior advisors. The senior advisor joined the chat only to immediately wipe (for me at least) the previous on screen conversation. The chat then went dead - so I had to start a new session (because they wanted no evidence of my chat that I could screen snap?). On the new chat, I was asked if I would mind the senior advisor phoning me.

Agreed to this and he rang me about 25 mins later. One of the first things I asked, was had he heard of the issue. He claimed he hadn't (first lie). I explained to him what I'd tried and how the problem seemed to be related to the number of apps installed. He made no comment except to suggest that I try again to reinstall all my apps one at a time and not restore from a backup.

This annoyed me because all he was suggesting was something I'd told him I'd already tried several times. After some heated discussion that got around again to me trying to get him to admit he knew or Apple must know about this problem, he then claimed Apple had never heard of the problem either (lie 2)!

So, I asked him, how did he go from telling me that he had never heard of the problem, to then telling me that Apple had never heard of the problem - weren't the two positions contradictory? His reply to this was to claim that he knew everything that Apple knew.

I then became very angry and we then spent the next couple of minutes trying to shout each other down before I gave up and put the phone down. He did not ring back.

All this suggests to me that Apples senior advisors have been told to deny their knowledge of this problem - lie in other words. And I say lie because of what others have said in this post about their experiences. Although I have thought of repeating the process (chat followed by phone call) to see if I get the same denial from another advisor.

So what to do? Following choices I'm considering -

1. Like others have said, adapt to the issue and restrict no of apps installed

2. Try and cancel contract on phone and return it - suspect this could be difficult

3. Try and swap the phone - although this sounds likely to be a waste of time

4. Consider legal action against Apple - suspect again this would be very difficult

I've been an Apple iPhone and iPad user for several years now but am very seriously considering moving over to Android. It isn't just this iPhone issue either. For years iTunes and its so called backups have been hopelessly unreliable and I've had enough.

But is Android any more reliable than Apple? So many more different phones and a less secure OS suggests it probably isn't!

iPhone 6 Plus: Crashes, Crashes, CRASHES!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.