Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password requests

And I'm not sure if this should be here or in the Safari and Mail sites. We still use my older Mac Mini and an odd thing is happening and I can't figure out how to stop it. When you go into Safari it has started asking for a password. I've looked at all the settings and can't figure it out. Also my newer Mini has started asking for a password to get emails in Mail. Not all the time though. Any suggestions would be helpful. :-)

Mac mini, iOS 8.1, Apple Super Drive,

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 9:24 AM

7 replies

Nov 10, 2014 6:48 AM in response to lllaass

I don't know how to do a screen shot. But the Mail message is "Mail can't connect to the account "citlink.net". "Enter the Password for XXXX@citlink.net". I don't understand why it keeps asking me to do this. It will be fine for a day or two and then it starts asking again. The other older mini requires a password to log on and when you click on Safari. The message is "Safari wants to use the login keychain". "Please enter the keychain password". I have no idea how to make the changes to stop all the password requests.

Password requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.