Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting this message.To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.

Every few minutes the message comes up on my screen. To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment. Is the new iOS running with java. if not how do i stop messages?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 2:43 PM

Most likely, you have the Facebook video calling plugin, which depends on the Java runtime distributed by Apple. If you no longer need the plugin, remove it. Otherwise, install Java.

23 replies

Nov 15, 2014 6:00 AM in response to Sudsnbuds7186

Troubleshooting:

I have since unchecked the option Enable Java content on the browser in System Preferences > Java > Security - I will report back if the prompt still reappears, but I think it should be gone now.

Follow up:

I have since sent a feedback to Apple and I recommend you guys send it too, more people reporting will get Apple's attention on the issue.

Issue:

For me, this issue started after updating to Yosemite, I keep getting a prompt window on Chrome 38.0.2125.122 with a message "To view this web content you need to install the Java Runtime Environment, but I do have Java installed."

User uploaded file

Hardware/Software:

Macbook Air Mid 2013 1.3Ghz 8GB RAM 120GB SSD / Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

Nov 15, 2014 9:43 AM in response to v1ct0r

Unfortunately, I still get the error. Hopefully 10.10.1 fixes this but Apple has never been fond of Java...

Just curious are you all seeing this in Safari or other browsers too? For me, I see this on Chrome 38 Stable, I can't say if it is persistent on Safari too as I do not use it enough.

Chrome has been updated today but am stilling seeing this problem.

I keep getting this message.To view this web content, you need to install the Java Runtime Environment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.