Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari on Macbook keeps loading mobile version of websites

Whenever I try to go to chase.com on my macbook in safari it loads the mobile version. If I clear all my history, cache, etc and try again it will load the desktop version. However, its only for that first time. If I go back to the website later it loads the mobile version again 😟 Super annoying. Anyone know how I can prevent this?

I'm running Yosemite on my 2013 Macbook Air, I also do have everything syncing through iCloud and also using a iPhone 6 plus with 8.1 but I never go chase.com through safari on the phone I just use the app.

Thanks,

Jon

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2017 11:45 AM

Try resetting the zoom level back to actual size.

View > Actual Size, or Command 0

I must've had safari in focus when using a design app and zoomed so far that the site's responsive design switched to mobile view.

21 replies

Nov 27, 2017 3:25 PM in response to not_a_synth

Resetting zoom seems like the least possible solution to this problem, but I'm shocked and delighted that this fixed it for me!

Same symptoms: 2013 Macbook Pro, High Sierra 10.13.1, Safari 11.0.1, all up to date. All sorts of sites from my bank to electronic manufacturer sites to public transport sites come up in mobile form. Sometimes. No consistency that I can see. So frustrating. Always figured it was the site misinterpreting the User Agent and trying to be too clever for their own good, but it's common enough that it had to be something else.

On normal sites my zoom level is the default. I just visited multitech.com and it came up in mobile version. Low and behold, "Actual Size" was enabled and selecting it produced the correct version of the site!

Nov 10, 2014 6:58 AM in response to Linc Davis

Mine is doing the same thing and the suggested steps did not resolve. I can access the sites on a different computer, on the same network, but it is running Windows. Not sure why this is happening only on the MAC. Of course, after clearing the data, Safari times out when attempting to load the page. This happens on the latest versions of Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Apr 12, 2015 5:22 AM in response to jstinnett23

I have had this issue since upgrading to Yosemite. I have no extensions and have cleared all website data and all cookies. I even deleted my saved URL. It will work fine for a while then revert to going to the mobile site once again. As a quick workaround I choose, clear history and select "the last hour". Then using my saved URL works every time, at least for that session.

Apr 19, 2015 6:23 PM in response to Linc Davis

I'm having this problem as well. My theory is that this has to do with Apple aggregating data from websites that you visit across all instances of Safari (Mobile and Desktop) which are linked via your Apple ID. So if you visit www.chase.com on your iPhone and get redirected to the mobile site, this is 'remembered' in a sort of collective Safari cache and so that's why it's pushing us all to it on the desktop.

Safari on Macbook keeps loading mobile version of websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.