Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Wireless Headphones Don't Go Loud Enough

I just bought a pair or wireless Beats headphones to listen to music on my Ipod but I am disappointed that the maximum sound volume is nowhere near loud enough for me.

I got my friend to try them and he said they were too quiet as well so its not just me.

Has anyone else experienced the same thing or got any advice about a way to increase the volume?

Posted on Nov 9, 2014 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 5:53 PM

Volume not loud.....I fixed mine! So I've sent 4 pair back because of this volume issue. AND they would cut out when I turned my head to look behind me.

I have fixed the low volume problem. Go into settings, music, then scroll down to see if the soundcheck is on.

Turn it off!!! The volume will come right up!

For the second problem, my latest pair hasn't cut out ......yet. So we'll see how it goes.

33 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2017 5:53 PM in response to Imaginos7

Volume not loud.....I fixed mine! So I've sent 4 pair back because of this volume issue. AND they would cut out when I turned my head to look behind me.

I have fixed the low volume problem. Go into settings, music, then scroll down to see if the soundcheck is on.

Turn it off!!! The volume will come right up!

For the second problem, my latest pair hasn't cut out ......yet. So we'll see how it goes.

Jan 4, 2017 12:43 PM in response to Imaginos7

I've gone into Settings -> Music -> Volume Limit and, when at full volume, the Beats Solo 3 Wireless are capped at the EU Max Volume Limit... If you switch there EU tab the volume rocker moves down to half level but then back to Max when you switch the EU tab off again - there is nothing you can do to override it so it is a software issue that Appke need to fix ... It should be MY choice if I want to exceed the EU volume limit and the headphones appear to have the capacity to exceed it if an update is released.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Sep 4, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Imaginos7

To the people who responded to your post in a way that I personally found a bit condescending and dismissive....Yeah I agree with the fact that we do not need lectures about decibels. Please create your own blog if you are a frustrated writer looking for an audience. This is a forum meant to be helpful. We are not morons.

About the volume from the headphones....I have the same issue. I own the Beats 2 "top of the line" Bluetooth over the ear version. When I plug them in with the sound cable, no problem. However, when I use them wirelessly - the whole reason I paid the extra money for this model - the volume is at about 50% of what it would be with the cord plugged in. Definitely a design/function issue.

I installed iVolume but it only seems to work with songs cataloged on iTunes, not with VLC Player or even with Quicktime.

I will probably end up contacting Beats directly, but seeing that Apple is a representative of Beats, it would be nice - from a customer care point of view - to have Apple initiate a fix for this. I think this is reasonable, especially considering that when I had an issue with my previous set of headphones from Beats, I simply made an appointment at the Genius bar and Apple took care of the rest. They are filling the role as stewards to this product. I don't see why it should be any different when it comes to working up a patch to fix a volume issue.

Just my opinion...

In any case, let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks,

Jagannath

Nov 9, 2014 11:49 PM in response to Imaginos7

Hey Imaginos7, Volume is your issue with Beats? Really... Quality of the sound reproduction, durability, overall quality of the product would be much higher on my list of issues. Imaginos, Instead of going for max. volume, and having to deal with some permanent hearing damage (tinnitus) for the last 20 years+/-, (that little ringing in my ears that never goes away-- sometimes I swear the people next to me should be able to hear it), let me give you some advice... "TURN IT DOWN!!!" The ringing never goes away, it is with you, everywhere you go, and it get's madding at times. The only thing I can find for beats headphones output is 115Db, that's just shy of jets taking off and rock concerts! Anything over 80Db, (about the noise of a lawn mower from 5 to 10 feet) for more than 30 minutes is causing you damage, anything over 120Db only takes a few seconds to a few minutes, 140Db+ and you go deaf in seconds! If the volume is more than speaking volume from your headphones-- your doing damage. Now, with that said, If your attempting to drown out the outside world, invest in a good set of noise canceling headphones, unless you like the idea of always having to list to a sharp high C. (And just incase your wondering most of my damage came from racing bikes, from the wind rushing pass my ears for hours on end, the rest of background noise where I work, a few concerts, wearing headphones and age, or so the doctors tell me. And there is nothing that can be done to stop that fool ringing, protect your hearing, OK). Cheers.

Jan 23, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Imaginos7

I had the same issue, likewise I was very disappointed. Instead of giving you a lecture on decibels and other things I have no idea about I'll give you my fix. I changed out the buds to the larger supplied ones and these now rock. I think the ones they ship with are to small and don't create the seal you need to fully enjoy the headphones. I love them, hope this helps.

Nov 22, 2017 4:10 AM in response to Imaginos7

All this troubleshooting is BS, cause no matter what I pushed and tried - it's not getting any louder than my Bose noise cancelling headphones. My son got free Beats with his computer and I contemplated giving them away cause we already have a bunch of high end Bose headphones but I watched 'The Defiant Ones' on HBO and they make the Beats headphones seem sooooo superior...... Well, Beats are NOT superior and it's all hype and BS. I compared my Bose to Beats and the Bose headphones are actually louder! Beats are B....S

Nov 18, 2015 3:58 PM in response to Imaginos7

Took me a second to figure this out too. You adjust the volume by pressing up on the same B logo button on the left earpiece that pauses the music. Except you have to press on the top of the button to raise the volume, as normally pressing the center just pauses again of course.

Mar 21, 2017 12:23 PM in response to Imaginos7

Hey Imaginos,

Recently, I've been experiencing the same problem. I contacted Apple, they did a few procedures, then finally told me that the only solution was to send it to them. I didn't believe them. Then suddenly I thought: what if the problem wasn't in the beats, but in the device I was using (iMac). I then connected it to my iPhone and it worked perfectly! I then decided to restart my iMac and it worked normally after that!

Hope This Helps!

Adham7681

Beats Wireless Headphones Don't Go Loud Enough

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.