Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Forum Username

I dont know how I ended up with a username that advertises both my name and city of residence (I would never choose such a name if I knew it would be posted publicly), but for privacy reasons I'd like to set my forum username to something that isn't so personal. Searching the forums has led me to believe that there is no way for users to do this, but that mods might be able to assist me. How can I contact a moderator to request a change of username?

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 6:11 PM

1,062 replies

May 5, 2017 1:35 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Another successful user name change courtesy of the hosts and the diligent hard working members of the "Change Forum User Name Forum."

Well done big guy. 🙂

by ChitlinsCC,

User uploaded fileChitlinsCCMay 5, 2017 5:35 AM in response to dondonburi ✅

User uploaded file Level 6 (10,601 points)
User uploaded file

Notebooks

May 5, 2017 5:35 AM Re: Change Forum Usernamein response to dondonburi

I have alerted our Hosts ✅

Oct 18, 2017 6:23 AM in response to tigeri

You cannot change your own user name, it requires a forum host to do it. There is already someone with the username Tys0n. Open your profile and replace nkgkpsg in the URL with alternate names you might like to use. Use + instead of a space if needed. If the username already exists you'll see the profile, otherwise you get something like this:

Looking for something in Apple Support Communities?

The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly. Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communitiesfor links to discussion areas.

Once you find a name you like that isn't in use pop back here and let me know, and I can put in a request on your behalf.

tt2

May 20, 2018 2:00 PM in response to HormoncremeP5

Philipp Felzmann wrote:

By the way: Where in god's name can I chance the email address linked to this account?

This is all so confusing to me. Why all this hassle to do such basic things... 😕

Hmm, not so sure on that one. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support might cover it, although that might have other implications depending on where else you make use of the Apple ID.

tt2

Jul 9, 2018 2:55 PM in response to J._B.

tt2 has worked the magic

FWIW, you were not "assigned" the UserName - you were "Offered" it as a suggestion when the one you first entered as the one you desired was already taken - you forget that this is not our first rodeo 😉

Stuff like this happens when you get in a hurry and fail to pay close attention

You can find a direct email address regarding this very kind of thing in Apple Support Communities Use Agreement §1.13

Sometimes it pays to read these things

Jan 7, 2017 11:13 AM in response to readstrans

We cannot post at the top of the thread (unless it becomes a solved, helpful, or recommended answer which is then moved to the top by the hosts).

And, there is really no "solution" except that:

1. You cannot change it yourself, so you must ask here.

2. We cannot change it - only the hosts can; but someone with enough points can report your post to the hosts (you cannot report your own post).

3. Once one of the hosts sees the report, they will/may contact you. It is completely up to the hosts whether or not they will allow a change.

Personally, I thought about it for some time before I decided which username I wanted to use (rather than trying to be funny, silly, or whatever and shortly thereafter regretting my unfortunate choice).

Feb 9, 2017 8:16 PM in response to 474838957

I don't know. I was surprised to learn that other venues actually let you change your username! In those places, I would never know if I was looking at a person that I knew or not! When I was born, I was given a name. It turns out you have to go to court to legally change your name! I can call myself Rumplestiltkin, but here, I will always be ChitlinsCC.

Feb 9, 2017 8:32 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

My point is not about the unchangeable name. My point is that they should tell us which appleid we are naming for.

There wouldn't be so many people having this problem now if they showed everything clearly.

I agree that when children are born, they are given names that are not so easy to be changed.

That's why you want to name the right child. You don't want to name someone else's child.

Change Forum Username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.