Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code: S7363-1266-48444350 When using Airplay with Netflix

I've been getting:

Error Code: S7363-1266-48444350

Whoops, something went wrong...

Display Error

There appears to be a display problem. Please ensure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not mirrored using Airplay.

While trying to watch Netflix using Airplay.

Never had this issue with previous OS's.

Using the same computer, with the same AppleTV and same TV as before Yosemite update.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 3:02 AM

Is there some reason you can't just use the Netflix channel on the Apple TV instead of trying to use Airplay & the MBP?

I don't know why it worked better before Yosemite but by using Airplay to relay the Netflix stream from the MBP to the ATV (which I assume is what you are doing, right?), you are approximately doubling the load on your local network: it has to stream the video from the router to the MBP & simultaneously stream that from the MBP to the ATV.

Also note that the error message specifically says not to mirror Netflix using Airplay. I don't know if that is a new requirement imposed by Netflix or what, but regardless of that, it isn't the best way to watch Netflix streams on an ATV.

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2014 3:02 AM in response to opiloto_br

Is there some reason you can't just use the Netflix channel on the Apple TV instead of trying to use Airplay & the MBP?

I don't know why it worked better before Yosemite but by using Airplay to relay the Netflix stream from the MBP to the ATV (which I assume is what you are doing, right?), you are approximately doubling the load on your local network: it has to stream the video from the router to the MBP & simultaneously stream that from the MBP to the ATV.

Also note that the error message specifically says not to mirror Netflix using Airplay. I don't know if that is a new requirement imposed by Netflix or what, but regardless of that, it isn't the best way to watch Netflix streams on an ATV.

Nov 11, 2014 3:20 AM in response to R C-R

Thanks for your answer, R C-R!

The reason for using Airplay is that I need to access Netflix through a DNS server and sometimes Netflix just stops working on AppleTV. The way I go around this problem is using VPN in my MBP and Airplay.

The network wasn't the problem, even for HD streaming... Used to work just fine before Yosemite. As soon as I upgraded, it stopped working.

Also, as the message says "not mirrored", I tried using the "Extend Desktop" option instead of "Mirror..."; resulting in the same problem.

Another thing I noticed is that on Yosemite, when I try and connect Airplay, and AppleTV is in standby, it gives me an error message saying it cannot connect. I have to turn AppleTV on before connecting my MBP. Every other device turns AppleTV on when selecting Airplay, including my MBP before the Yosemite update.

Could all this be caused by a possible bug in Yosemite?!

Nov 11, 2014 3:54 AM in response to opiloto_br

opiloto_br wrote:

The reason for using Airplay is that I need to access Netflix through a DNS server and sometimes Netflix just stops working on AppleTV.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. You should be able to set your network access point to use the DNS server of your choice (typically whatever your ISP provides or one of the popular third party ones like Google's) & that will be used for every domain name lookup for every device connected to your local network.

You can confirm this on the ATV by going to Settings > General > Network & noting the Router & DNS server addresses & comparing those to what you get on the MBP in System Preferences > Network for the current location & service type you are using (probably "Wi-Fi"). They should be the same. Are they?

Nov 11, 2014 6:06 AM in response to opiloto_br

I have to use a specific DNS in order to be ABLE to access Netflix (it is blocked where I live)...

1. Like I said, you should be able to use the same DNS server with both the ATV & the MBP, so there is no reason to use Airplay. It also won't matter which one you use as far as connecting to the IP address it serves, or the location of that IP address -- all a DNS server does is resolve a human-readable URL to an IP address that your access point can connect to. When that happens, your IP address becomes knowable to the source, & from that your approximate location.

2. If Netflix is blocked where you live, that's probably the reason for the error message, not the OS version you are running. Netflix has recently stepped up its enforcement & the methodology it uses to prevent its content from being served to unauthorized locations.

3. Since the ASC Terms of Service specifically prohibit the discussion of anything that that would "break or otherwise 'work around' digital rights management software or hardware" this is as far as anybody can go here regarding helping you with your issue.

Nov 13, 2014 10:36 AM in response to opiloto_br

The issue here, with Netflix I believe is that of Safari and the built in DRM within Netflix site. Something in one of the more recent updates to Yosemite has broken the ability for Safari to properly gauge the DRM applicability of any extended desktop ( or mirrored display ) output for HDCP compliance. I was able to get around this using Firefox. Firefox will require you to install the Silverlight plugin for Netflix but that third party plugin is able to properly vet your mirrored device for HDCP compliance and for me it then worked properly again.

The other issues you are having with the Apple TV not waking up from sleep. I see this too, however I am able to wake my Apple TV up using iTunes, and I've just generally gotten in the habit of waking the ATV up using the remote before I stream content to it. I'm hoping Apple will fix this with an update to either ATV firmware or Yosemite.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck !

Dec 30, 2014 7:43 PM in response to opiloto_br

i also believe it's a apple problem. i didn't have a problem until the Yosemite upgrade. last weekend nephew came over with a windows running laptop, and netflix worked like a charm. as soon as i connected my macbook pro on Yosemite, error came up. i've had this error for months now, and no hope for a fix anytime soon !!! i even purchased apple TV today, and still same error.

Error Code: S7363-1266-48444350 When using Airplay with Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.