Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 and link2cell Panasonic phones.

I just purchased an iPhone 6. I am attempting to link it to my Panasonic link to cell Model KX-YG 6581 home phone system. It does not seem to be registering. Are these two systems compatible?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2014 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2017 6:34 AM

I have a Panasonic KX-TG7875 phone system with Bluetooth connectivity capability. An iPhone 5 had been set up and worked fine, it would automatically reconnect when the phone was in range. Changed to an iPhone 6s Plus and was able to connect manually but it would not automatically reconnect.

I followed the suggestions from brucecam

1. unpair the old cellphone (MENU #6111 on my system, may be different on your system)

2. unplug/replug the power to the phone base

3. pair the new cellphone (MENU #6241 on my system, may be different on your system)

After this the iPhone 6s Plus would reconnect automatically when the phone was back in range. I had tried just the unpairing/repairing steps and it didn't reconnect. The power down seemed to make the difference.

Thanks for the tip.

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2017 6:34 AM in response to brucecam

I have a Panasonic KX-TG7875 phone system with Bluetooth connectivity capability. An iPhone 5 had been set up and worked fine, it would automatically reconnect when the phone was in range. Changed to an iPhone 6s Plus and was able to connect manually but it would not automatically reconnect.

I followed the suggestions from brucecam

1. unpair the old cellphone (MENU #6111 on my system, may be different on your system)

2. unplug/replug the power to the phone base

3. pair the new cellphone (MENU #6241 on my system, may be different on your system)

After this the iPhone 6s Plus would reconnect automatically when the phone was back in range. I had tried just the unpairing/repairing steps and it didn't reconnect. The power down seemed to make the difference.

Thanks for the tip.

Aug 24, 2017 9:12 PM in response to john fromabingdon

IMPORTANT NOTE: When apple does iOs updates it sometimes disconnects the Panasonic Link2Cell connection...

To fix this you need to:

1.) to UN-pair [refer to your Panasonic users manual, mine was #6111] on your Panasonic phone ON THE MAIN BASE PHONE [not the secondary handsets]

2.) Unplug Panasonic main base from power and telephone line for 5 minutes

3.) "Forget This Device" in your iPhone's bluetooth settings for the Panasonic phone

4.) Turn OFF your bluetooth on your iPhone

5.) Power off your iPhone

6.) Power everything back up and plug everything back in

7.) RE-pair according to your Panasonic phone manual

I hope this helps someone... it took me hours to figure out.

Jan 10, 2015 9:45 AM in response to john fromabingdon

My iPhone5s and iPhone6 linked fine the day I took them out of the box (December 26th, day after Christmas). They stayed linked for a few days and worked just fine - I was on vacation and didn't leave home. Then I left, the iPhone6 disconnected, connected to the car, beautiful. When I came home, it wouldn't reconnect no matter what I tried. After a few days, the iPhone5s disconnected as well and wouldn't reconnect. I finally did "forget this device" on both phones and haven't been able to pair them since. I've scoured the internet and it seems to be a problem w/ iOS and 3rd-party Bluetooth devices. What I found on other forums is that "I was lucky to have ever connected in the first place".

BTW, get ready for a lot of very smarmy, "I-know-more-than-you-do" advice from most Mac users. When iOS technology doesn't work, I've found 2 things: 1) you can count on Apple to put out a solution in 3-4 years that is 1/2 as good and 2x expensive. 2) Apple users resent the fact that you dare to question anything that doesn't work. If something from Apple isn't working as expected - it is ALWAYS user error.

May 6, 2015 10:53 AM in response to stauff30

stauff30,

SOrry it took so long for me to see your message. I just decided to stop trying to link my iPhone 6 to my home system. Not worth the bother.

I never did get a good reason as to why it wouldn't register, just that it was not compatible. Still don't know why.

The iPhone links fine with home wiFi and our two autos. I'm surely not going to run out and buy new home phones.

Jun 22, 2015 2:02 PM in response to john fromabingdon

I ran into the same problem with an iPhone 6+ and a Panasonice KC-TG95. THERE IS A SOLUTION. Go to the Panasonic cust support and download the user/operator manual for your Panasonic phone. Do a text search (Ctl F on Windows 7) for the term "Pin". (I suppose "unpair" would work as well, but didn't try it.)

Scroll through until you get to a section that explains you have to erase the previous paring before entering the new one. I'd paired my iPhone 5 and it worked fine. The iPhone 6 never did - because the old pairing was stored in memory.

So, at the Menu screen on the base unit, there is a section "Unpairing you cellular phone" by "MENU#6141" for the first phone, MENU#6142" and so on for as many as four paired phones. I powered down the phone base afterwards, but don't know if that matters.

Then go back and re-pair using "MENU#6241" & etc.,.

Jun 25, 2015 6:11 AM in response to brucecam

Hey, brucecam, thanks a bunch. I retried the registration process as you suggested, and it worked on the first try. My menu numbers were a bit different, I guess due to model differences, but my iPhone 6 is now paired with my old Panasonic KC-TG658 home phone system. I'm thinking maybe Apple did something with their software to make them compatible. Thanks again.

Jun 28, 2015 8:21 AM in response to brucecam

Brucecam nailed it. There is nothing wrong or incompatible about the iPhone 6 And the Panasonic Bluetooth linking. The big difference is that with previous iPhone model upgrades, I had no need to de register the existing linked phones. The 6 was different, but I looked in the manual for directions for de registering, did so and my next attempt at linking worked perfectly

iPhone 6 and link2cell Panasonic phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.