Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my calendar on iPhone 6 (iOS8) sync with Exchange?

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS8 and I'm having trouble with my calendar syncing with MS Exchange. I don't have trouble with normal calendar entries; it's only with recurring meetings. If the day/time is changed for the recurring meetings, my calendar in Outlook on my PC updates but the calendar on my iPhone does not causing me to miss meetings.

I've restarted the phone. I've turned the cellular data off/on. I'm not connected to any wireless networks.

Is anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 12, 2014 7:29 AM

32 replies

Nov 12, 2014 2:53 PM in response to jgrady81

I'm sorry. I've not experienced this, so I cannot comment any further. Maybe someone that has more experience with Exchange calendar can comment. It must be a requirement at my work that new invites go out rather than just updating. I also find it unusual that after turning off the calendar and then turning it back on that it does not pick up the change. It just seems to be displaying the information as if it is cached.

Nov 27, 2014 12:40 AM in response to jgrady81

I experienced a lot of syncronizing problems after getting my new iPhone 6. At my work, we have an automatic exchange setup-file, which is assigned to the phone automatcly, and can be seen in settings->general->Profiles & Device Management. It seems like all settings for this profile isn't as I wish them to be.

To get invitations to work and syncronizations as well, I had to go to:

settings->Mail, contacts, calendars->Sync-> press "All Events"

After doing this everything seems to work.

Hope this helps.

Nov 27, 2014 7:18 AM in response to LQml

I have the exact same problem with IOS 8.1.1, IPhone 5S and Exchange 2010 ( I have tested this on 3 phones so far and the issue is 100% reproducible)

If you modify an occurrence of a recurring meeting more than once, the phone will not show the latest update to the meeting.

I have traced the ActiveSync conversation on the Exchange server and I can see that the correct information is being sent to the phone.

Nov 30, 2014 11:22 PM in response to jgrady81

I have exactly the same problem. The emails are syncing fine. It's just Exchange Calendar that won't sync. I thought I was doing something wrong (yep, deleted account, re-installed etc. etc.) but now I see there's a whole community struggling with this issue. My iPhone 5S and iPad do sync (with latest iOS) which seems to make it an exclusive iPhone 6 problem.

Dec 2, 2014 6:11 AM in response to hongkongclog

If your phone looks like it's not syncing the Calendar at all, this is not the same issue. I have had this reported to me a few times and in the cases that I have seen the Calendar is syncing ok, it's just that the Calendar setting were not displaying the Exchange Calendar because it wasn't selected. When you're in the Calendar app, click on the word "Calendar" at the bottom center of the screen and make sure that you have a check mark on the left of the calendar entry for your exchange account. We have deployed iPhone to 600 users and for some unknown reason we had about 20% that did not have the check mark for the Exchange account when the phone was configured.

Dec 2, 2014 11:00 AM in response to mchenard

Thanks for the additional Exchange info.

I've verified your observation but with a Blackberry 10 device (which now uses ActiveSync) and an Android device on ActiveSync....both devices sync multiple changes to a recurring instance.

I've opened a call with Microsoft Premier Support. They have our ActiveSync logs, and device sync logs. I'll update when I know more.

Why doesn't my calendar on iPhone 6 (iOS8) sync with Exchange?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.