Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud drive option not in settings

Hi,

i'm having problems with iCloud drive. When I go to settings then iCloud i don't have the option to turn on or off iCloud drive. For some reason it disappeared. I need it to use my iWork applications!

THank you!

Posted on Nov 16, 2014 6:57 AM

20 replies

Jun 15, 2017 2:57 PM in response to w4n

This was my problem too. -Thanks. I do so dislike it when options are REMOVED from menus. Greying out lets you know you are looking at the correct place but the option is not available. Even better would be an actual reference to the restriction. Two very different directions to look for a solution. I wasted time looking for this when it could have been right there on the menu. Starting to have to have doubts about Apple's ability to create intuitive interfaces

Nov 24, 2014 9:52 PM in response to Community User

I had a look at several of my colleagues and all the iCloud Drive option was available in the settings. It should not act on security restrictions from my employer so. I have the same issue on my iPad. On my MacBook, and in the web browser, however iCloud Drive works as it should and documents are synchronized. Desperation slowly wide. What can I do?

Dec 28, 2014 10:34 AM in response to Community User

My wife's iPad mini also has the same problem and it is an enterprise purchase, too. Have you been able to get this fixed as I've tried everything other than a complete restore. Her MacBook Pro and iCloud.com seem to work fine as far as syncing files, but I can't even get the iWork apps to access iCloud drive files. And yes, the iCloud Drive option in settings is missing.

Mar 12, 2015 4:45 PM in response to Community User

I have the same issue with my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. Neither of these devices display iCloud Drive while both my wife's devices do display them. We bought our respective devices at the same time. I have spent much time on the phone with Apple support and they don't have a clue. And no, restoring the device doesn't do anything but take up another day getting the device set up the way I want it. This is very frustrating.

Mar 20, 2015 1:26 AM in response to w4n

Ok this led me to investigating every single option in Settings and I found the cause of this.

I have my work e-mail on my phone along with some other work related apps. This also comes with a set of policies. In my case my companies device policy restricts the use of iCloud Drive and Photo Stream. You can check the policies and the corresponding restrictions in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.

iCloud drive option not in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.