Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 slower again after update 8.1.1

I was looking foward to the latest update. Last night it was ready for download. I was sure, it can't get worse. But once again I was wrong.

Opening the pictures lasts from 5 sec. now 10 seconds again and scrolling is stuttering. With 7.1.2 it opened right after starting, with 8.0 it took 10 sec to start and scrolling was stuttering. After 8.1 ist was only 5 secs and scrolling was better. Now we're back to 10 secs and extreme stuttering scrolling :-(

Apple, what are you doing? If you can't get my iPad run on iOS 8 let us return to 7. I'm tired of waiting for updates and beeing disappointed again.

And no, I don't have the money to buy a newer model even if this seems to be Apples idea behind all this crap.

Will leave nor for a short trip this week, so I have no time to start all over again with reset as new and all these things. I need a tool that works.

This is my first apple product and for sure it will be my last. This behaviour is not acceptable.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2014 9:33 PM

You might want to take a look at this thread. Ios 8.1.1 makes me love my iPad again They seem to be satisfied. Maybe they would share what they did.

5 replies

iPad 2 slower again after update 8.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.