Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my i tunes will not open

My I tunes will not open and I've tried removing it in the order:

• I Tunes
  • Apple Software Update
  • Apple Mobile Device Support
  • Bonjour
  • Apple Application Support

I then rebooted my pc, reinstalled I Tunes (latest version 64 bit), ran as Administrator.

Still nothing, no message, no nothing, it will just not open.

I'm running windows 7 and I Tunes has run on this computer perfectly well until 3 - 4 weeks ago.

Can anyone please help me?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 2:28 PM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2014 12:26 AM in response to pds157

Try working through

TS1717: iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Nov 19, 2014 12:30 AM in response to odellmag

odellmag wrote:

I also have an ipod classic & use Windows 7& just today I can not open it. I get a strange message: "This version of iTunes has not been correctly localized for this language. Please run English version." I am stumped. Sorry I can not help you. MO

See language localization problem or try deleting C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunesPrefs.xml.

tt2

my i tunes will not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.