Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.1.1 wifi problems

I have installed ios 8.1.1 on my iphone 6.

The iphone still looses wifi connectivity from time to time. If I enable and disable flight mode wifi is working again.

I already tried to reset the network settings as well as resetting the complete iphone. Nothing helped.

I've hoped ios 8.1.1 would solve this issue. But it doesn't. This is really annoying.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 12:30 AM

51 replies

Nov 19, 2014 12:45 AM in response to jburkholder

Hi jburkholder,

the problem seems to occur when the iphone has been asleep for a while. It occurs every few days.

Until now I recognized the problem only in my home wifi network.

But I don't use other wifi networks very often. And if I do I'm only logged in for a short time. So I don't know if the problem would happen in other networks as well.

Regards

Thomas

Nov 19, 2014 3:42 AM in response to jburkholder

Hi,

it has happen again. The iphone was laying around. When I unlocked it I immediately recognized that it wasn't connected to my home wifi network.

When I looked into the Wifi settings I saw my home wifi network. I didn't select it immediately but waited some time to see if it would connect automatically.

But it didn't. Instead with the next automatic refresh my home wifi network disappeared. I waited several minutes but it didn't reappear again.

Then in the same menu I used the slider to deactivate wifi. After deactivation I activated it again. My homenetwork didn't appear.

Then I turned on flight mode. After turning off flight mode my home network appeared and the iphone connected to it automatically.

Regards

Thomas

Nov 19, 2014 7:50 AM in response to madeye1977

Me too

i bought 2 iphone 6 comes with ios 8.0.2... wifi dropping and switching to 3G continuously in any place even in my home, i try to updated to ios 8.1.1 with itunes but still having the same problem. i did everything i read about this like , updating my wireless firmware, resetting my iphone network settings, reset and delete all contents, restore to factory with i tunes, sometimes the wifi appears on the top but when i try to use internet it did not and switching to 3G and connect. sometimes asks me to put the wireless password many times to identify again. it goes crazy, i got 3 ipads(3,4,mini) with ios 8 and iphone 5 (ios 7) without any wifi problem on the sames wireless.

do u think its software or hardware?

Nov 19, 2014 4:45 PM in response to madeye1977

Madeye1977,

After this I assume the issue immediately kicked in? If so this rules out third party coding causing an issue. It would also rule out a setting or other variable issue that could have been accidentally changed. I am beginning to think there is an hardware to software interface issue. Another thing to check is if there are any crash/diagnostic reports, Settings -> Privacy -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostic & Usage Data. If it's something noticed by the OS as an error it should be reported here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

Varouqa,

This is very weird, and I am beginning to think it is hardware and software not playing nice together because on the iPhone 5 series 8.0 and above works. I surmise that they changed the interface card in these models, most likely to support 802.11 AC. Just a guess though since 5S does as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Photographer333,

Have you had any wireless networking issues since you did this reboot?

ios 8.1.1 wifi problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.