Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.1.1 WiFi Problems after Update

Last night I updated the software on my ipad 4. After the update I had WiFi-problems. The network was always interrupted. Has anyone the same problems? Is there a solution? I am very grateful for an answer! I'm using an iPad 4. Thanks!

iPad, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2014 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 1:59 PM

I am also having this issue on my iPhone 5. I've already done all the trouble shooting steps short of factory resetting it ams cannot connect to wifi if I'm far from the router(same distance as I normally would have been before the update.)

86 replies

Nov 25, 2014 6:44 PM in response to Balrogh

I too have a mini and it drops wifi all the time now. I should never have updated past 7, nothing but trouble since. I have it at home all the time on the same network and it works maybe half the time when before I could depend on it to at least deliver messages, now something that simple is impossible. Never again will I buy another Apple product.

Nov 26, 2014 5:12 AM in response to BJPat

Hi Turn your Router off for 30 Seconds when it's back on. Then on ipad Go to Settings Reset Network Settings. After Reset Enter your Router Wireless key. This may help. Sometimes this can be a Router problem The Router that you get from your I S P provider Sometime is only a basic one I got a top Range Netgear now And that is very stable. Also look on website for a Firmware upgrade for Your make of Router. Cheers Brian

IOS 8.1.1 WiFi Problems after Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.