Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 8.1, attachments in outlook are showed with ATT00001.htm files

At my work I use Mac and Mail 8.1 app. Everyday I send attachments to Outlook users and they see with attachment files ATT00001.htm. If I send 10 attachments outlook users see 20 attached files - 10 of them trash files like ATTxxxxx.htm. Before upgrading to Mail 8.1 I was using add-ons to Mail app like Universal Mailer http://universalmailer.github.io/UniversalMailer/download.html

which is not supported in Mac Mail 8.1;

and before Yosemite I was using Attachment Tamer from http://lokiware.info/Attachment-Tamer

which is not supported in Yosemite.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem (any add-on to Mail app which will be working with Mail 8.1)?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 10:35 AM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2014 7:30 PM in response to Aleksey_Kovalev

I was looking for the alternative for Attachment Tamer (since they haven't released an update) to work on Mail 8.1

After reading this thread I removed Attachment Tamer (through it's installer) and installed this Universal Mailer.

Necessary configuration was done under Mail > Preference > Universal Mailer

Unfortunately I'm still sending jpg as thumbnail.

Is anyone having the same issue here? 😟

Feb 18, 2015 5:56 AM in response to Aleksey_Kovalev

We have the same problem in the office too since the update to Mac OS X Yosemite and Mail 8.2. We are using Microsoft Exchange. Every mail we send from Apple Mail will have an attached .html file after every attachment. This is especially bad when there is still some text after the attachment, because this text will be moved into the .html file too so no receiver will ever read it.

Looks like a similar problem was already existing some years ago:

Mail attaches an HTML file for each file that I attach

It seems as I could solve the problem though installing the Universal Mailer mentioned above.

Mail 8.1, attachments in outlook are showed with ATT00001.htm files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.