Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 on iOS 8.1.1 cannot connect to App Store

After upgrading iPad Air 2 to iOS 8.1.1 it cannot connect to iTunes store or App Store.

It can connect to the internet and email and apps can be managed by iTunes on PC.

It just won't work standalone.

Have tried hard boot and changing time but no change.

Any ideas?

Oscar

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 10:05 AM

24 replies

Mar 1, 2017 6:10 PM in response to Hoscar

I'm expercing trouble with my iPad air 2 it will not let me connect to iTunes on my laptop nor does it even say it's charging when connected to the laptop now I tried signing out my apple account an signing again an nothing? Any help please?

Nov 22, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Hoscar

I had this issue too, the suggestions were to set the time to automatically, to reboot the device, to reset the wifi router - nothing helped. What I did following the first reply here is go to 'settings' >> App Store and iTunes >> press on the Apple ID, choose logout and renter your password. NOW IT WORKS!!!!!

Nov 28, 2014 9:27 AM in response to EranMe

Thank you so much @EranMe for the solution and @Hoscar for bringing up this issue.

I've updated my iPhone today to iOS 8.1.1 and got the "Cannot connect to App Store" error. Your solution helped me resolve the issue.

I have created a YouTube video tutorial with the step by step procedure on how to fix the "Cannot connect to App Store" error on iOS 8.1.1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkapK_xfqSY

Hope it will be helpful to someone.

Thanks goes to @EranMe and @Hoscar for the solution. I've mentioned you guys also in my blog post:

http://blog.getvladimir.com/2014/11/how-to-fix-cannot-connect-to-app-store.html

iPad Air 2 on iOS 8.1.1 cannot connect to App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.