Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay on 2015 Honda CRV

When will CarPlay be widely accepted and available to end users? I am planning to buy a 2015 Honda CR-V and it would have a NextGen Honda Link. With that, will the CarPlay feature made available on 2015 models over software update or will I have to buy a new Audio receiver?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, Honda CRV

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 11:19 AM

Would you be willing to share the beta files? It appears Honda has no plans to release CarPlay on older vehicles.

28 replies

Nov 24, 2014 1:48 PM in response to SinghaniaD

Carplay is available and working where the host manufacturer has adopted it ,as in Ferrari and the after market Company Pioneer

It is totally, as Tim has indicated ,in the hands of the Motor manufacturers .It works as shown by the above two companies up to the rest to show any serious interest and get it into their vehicles if they canh be bothered

Mar 2, 2015 11:07 AM in response to esarjeant

Esarjeant I have been using carplay also in my CRV EX and I have had multiple issues with it. The biggest if which has been the maps. As soon as the navigation starts through the car it gets the heading messed up and thinks north is south. When I unplug from the car and reload Maps it's fixed, but it will get messed up again when I reconnect to the car.

I have to use Navigation a lot as I work all over the place and this issue has mostly prevented me from using the CarPlay. It's specially annoying as it will constantly interrupt my audio listening. I have also found the side view camera when indicating will sometimes disconnect apple play.

I have reverted back to Bluetooth as the constant disconnections/interruptions and navigation issues have made it unusable. When it works it's great, but it needs some updates.

Have you not experienced any of these issues?

Apr 9, 2015 10:53 AM in response to James Rydings

So I have to ask, how did each of you get that beta from the dealership? I am buying a Honda Civic SE or Accord LX in the next month and I regularly beta test apps and such for companies, so I would love to try this out. Did you just straight up ask someone at the dealership or something? It was indeed a relief to read your posts, even if it is buggy. Thanks

Apr 14, 2015 8:04 AM in response to SAKIspurs

So, in my short conversations with different Honda reps, both local and national, I kind of get some mixed responses, or lack of understanding... but the reason that makes most sense comes from the national source. He said that a while back Honda sent out invitations to current Honda owners whose cars have the Display Audio compatible with CarPlay (this would be the 2015 Civic, Fit, and CR-V above LX - SE for Civic, EX for fit and CR-V). The Accord was not blessed with this at all. The Civic Hybrid does have the proper hardware. The rep said the selection process was random and only a few people, perhaps under non-disclosure of some sort (not judging here guys), as he also said they are keeping a tight lid on this, understandably. So we understand properly, the HondaLink with Aha compatibility is not the same as HondaLink The Next Generation (Display Audio).

With this crowd though, I think they could get a lot more feedback having people actively participate in a beta, but that's a corporate decision, not an engineer's decision ;-).

On the other side, from the local rep, he did say there are a lot of issues with the software, though he made it sound like Apple's problem...which I highly doubt after just spending a few minutes in a test drive with Display Audio. Then he proceeded to say the Display Audio with $100 cabling works great without any compatibility issues. This is likely true since he wasn't really talking about Display Audio and its apps, just the compatibility with the iPhone and Siri Eyes Free, which apparently do work well. Any updates on your end, do share please.

CarPlay on 2015 Honda CRV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.