Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 signal doesn't work iOS 8.1.1

My iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1 shows network but no signal dots - can't call or receive. I'm in giffgaff and got an iPhone 6 on o2 a while ago. It was all working fine till few nights ago where Ive noticed that there was no dots at the signal range although the internet worked, just couldn't receive or send calls or text. I just checked the car on my old iPhone 5 and it works fine. Also I considered that it might be an issue with the actual sim card as its been "chopped" by an phone shop to fit the iphone bracket few years back, but never had an issue in 2 year usage on the iphone 5.

Advice?

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 12:57 PM

26 replies

Nov 24, 2014 1:28 PM in response to Kaliii

hey kali. I have an iphone five I just bought last month. it has the new o.s. in it and my phone pulled the same thing today. I went to at&t to get a new sim card. we did a master re-set and it still wont work. now I cant get it to load the intial set up. I've been told I have to take it to apple. but I think it is an operating system issue. I think apple needs to fix it. ive been using an iphone for 6-7 years now and this new system is crap.

Nov 26, 2014 2:32 PM in response to Kaliii

Having the same issues. Just updated my 6 plus to 8.1.1 and now have constant No Service issues. Occasionally I wll have very low signal. Tried my sim card in another iPhone (5s) on iOS 8.1 and it works fine, so it's not a network or sim issue.

My phone is of no use now, certainly not as a phone anyway!

Has anybody found a solution to the No Service issue or am I just going to have to walk around with a brick until apple get it sorted!?

Nov 30, 2014 5:03 PM in response to Kaliii

Hey Kalii, I also have the same problem here. I'm in Hong-Kong with 3 network and iOs 8.1.1

Was working all fine when I bought the Iphone 6 about 2 weeks ago. Go to Thailand over the weekend and when I get back impossible to reconnect to the network.

Tried to force restart, tried to loose wifi and reconnect, tried to restore network and tried the airplane mode on-off..... nothing works!

Not sure if changing the sim will do anything, I'm sure it's the Iphone 6 antenna or software itself that got a problem!

Nov 30, 2014 6:27 PM in response to Kaliii

I have this issue also. I have an IPhone 6 Plus 64GB on the AT&T network.

I've performed a hard reset, reset network settings, and turned on and off Airplane mode. I'm running 8.1.1

I have a fairly consistent "No Service" message and other times low signal strength. Callers are going straight to voicemail and other times getting through.

Dec 1, 2014 12:41 PM in response to Kaliii

So I got a new SIM card and it doesn't work!!! Checked different sim cards and none work, but they work in every other phone!!! That is not acceptable, an apple flagship device that have just came out and we have paid crazy amount of money for something that only worked for few weeks?

Going to Apple store tomorrow and Im hoping for a replacement as thats not acceptable.

Dec 8, 2014 12:41 AM in response to MarcelloD

I can assure you the problem is with 8.1.1. and the only way to solve this is to go to an Apple store, shout as loud as you can, tell them you are not leaving until you get a new phone with 8.1. and cause a problem. My wife did this and got a new phone without them even trying to solve the problem - she had to wait 2 hours for the appointment and then he just gave her a phone. they must now know there is a problem but are not telling people

iPhone 6 signal doesn't work iOS 8.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.