Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete individual contacts on iphone 6

I just got a new iphone 6 with the lastest update. There are all kinds of contacts on there that I am not familiar with. How do I delete them? I looked under the individual contacts using edit. There used to be a great big red Delete Contact button, but not anymore. Can anyone tell me how to delete these? Thank you for your time.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 4:12 PM

Put your finger to the right and slide to the left and a red "delete" options should appear. Before doing this, make sure that you don't share iCloud account with another family member or so since this may cause issues for them since the contacts will be deleted for them as well.

10 replies

Dec 7, 2015 10:51 PM in response to Ozana

I just got a new iphone 6 with the lastest update. There are all kinds of contacts on there that I am not familiar with. How do I delete them? I looked under the individual contacts using edit. There used to be a great big red Delete Contact button, but not anymore. Can anyone tell me how to delete these? Thank you for your time.

Simple deletion will not completely erase data from iPhone, it still be recoverable. I suggest you try porofessional data wiper tool - Safewiper iOS Data Eraser, it can completely erase everything from iPhone without recovery:

Resource: http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/erase-iphone-contacts-before-selling.html

Dec 7, 2015 10:53 PM in response to Tucccknly

Simple deletion will not completely erase data from iPhone, it still be recoverable. I suggest you try professional data wiper tool - Safewiper iOS Data Eraser, it can completely erase everything from iPhone without recovery:

Resource: http://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/erase-iphone-contacts-before-selling.html

Does it can erase text messages from iPhone 5? I need to erase my text and want to make them unrecoverable. How?

Aug 10, 2016 3:06 PM in response to Ozana

I had the same problem, and found out here (How do you delete a contact if there is no "Delete" button in iOS 7?) that the reason I did not have a "Delete Contact" option was because of the Facebook app. The contacts I wanted to delete were FB Friends - worthless contact information for the most part. The link above tells you how to turn of FB contacts - which I guess are automatically added with the installation of the FB app (the instructions apply equally through iOS 9.3.3). It's too bad the FB app is allowed such all-or-nothing control of Contacts. If you have some FB friends you want in your Contacts, you will have to add them manually.

How to delete individual contacts on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.