Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted video shows up in the iMovie import window

Hello,

I recorded a video with my iphone 5 which I have since deleted. Every time I connect my iPhone to my Mac and open iMovie import window, the deleted video shows up. How can I permanently delete the video so, that it will be no longer visible in the iMovie iMoore window nor any other place?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:29 AM

I have noticed the exact same issue. I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 8 (latest update). There are about 8 videos I've made and subsequently deleted over the last nine months. They do not appear in Photos. They are not offered as downloadable when connected to the iMac with iPhoto running. However, if I connect the phone to the iMac with the iMovie application open (on the iMac, running Yosemite), then iMovie offers to import all of these supposedly deleted videos! I just want to reclaim whatever space is being taken up by these.

I have tried resetting the iPhone to factory settings, but when it syncs with iTunes and restores from backup, the videos return. How do I delete these videos?! Anyone?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2015 9:29 AM in response to JuR-97

I have noticed the exact same issue. I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 8 (latest update). There are about 8 videos I've made and subsequently deleted over the last nine months. They do not appear in Photos. They are not offered as downloadable when connected to the iMac with iPhoto running. However, if I connect the phone to the iMac with the iMovie application open (on the iMac, running Yosemite), then iMovie offers to import all of these supposedly deleted videos! I just want to reclaim whatever space is being taken up by these.

I have tried resetting the iPhone to factory settings, but when it syncs with iTunes and restores from backup, the videos return. How do I delete these videos?! Anyone?

Deleted video shows up in the iMovie import window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.