Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had to delete everything on my computer and install the operating system again , but I had to install Snow Leopard because it was the cd that came with the computer when I bought it. The problem is that I had already paid for the OS Lion and even h

I had to delete everything on my computer and install the operating system again , but I had to install Snow Leopard because it was the cd that came with the computer when I bought it. The problem is that I had already paid for the OS Lion and even had upgraded to the Mavericks . I do not think it's fair to have to pay again and I would like to upgrade my operating system without having to pay again for the same system.

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 2:24 AM

19 replies

Nov 29, 2014 7:04 AM in response to anatuta

Hi anatuta,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you are trying to upgrade your Mac to a newer version of OS X, after completing a fresh install of Snow Leopard.

If you have already purchased and downloaded OS X Lion and Mavericks, you should be able to find these items in the Purchased section of the Mac App Store.

You may find the steps in this article helpful with finding the items:

Mac App Store: Finding your purchased apps - Apple Support

If you do not see the items in the Purchased section, they may be hidden:

Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Feb 27, 2015 6:42 AM in response to Peterpan05

This is not really true. Without a free upgrade to Mountain Lion which is automatically while running all the updates, you can not upgrade to Yosemite.

No, that is absolutely false. I'm not sure where you heard or read that information, but it is wrong.

From Snow Leopard, you can upgrade to Lion, Mountain Lion, or Yosemite. Lion of course is only one step away from Snow Leopard, but you don't need to install Lion before going to Mountain Lion, and you don't need to install either of those before installing Yosemite.

Feb 28, 2015 9:36 AM in response to anatuta

I'm having a similar problem. After having the battery replaced at my nearby Apple store on my MacBook Pro (13 inch-2010), now I am unable to use the internet without getting locked up/freezing with the color wheel. I have an appt for tomorrow to have this addressed, but in the mean time to attempt to correct this myself I purchased and reinstalled Snow Leopard, as it is what was originally on my MacBook (I refused to update to later OS X releases due to software compatibility issues). The version is 10.6.3. Being unable to make use of the internet, I was going to download the dmg file onto my iMac and transfer it via flash drive. However, when I go to the 10.6.8 update page and attempt to download the software, nothing happens - I get a white screen but no download. Can someone advise? A google search has led me to the Softonic website where I can download the in-between versions, but I'm unsure about security of the files.

Feb 28, 2015 12:24 PM in response to Morticia89

Morticia89 wrote:

A google search has led me to the Softonic website where I can download the in-between versions, but I'm unsure about security of the files.

Never, ever download anything from Softonic. Use Software Update (second item in the Apple Menu list) to get your Snow Leopard updates, or use real Apple links such as the one provided by Kurt Lang.

I had to delete everything on my computer and install the operating system again , but I had to install Snow Leopard because it was the cd that came with the computer when I bought it. The problem is that I had already paid for the OS Lion and even h

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.