Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal mic not working after updating to 10.10.1

After updating to 10.10.1 (from 10.10) on my MacBook pro 2010 (15” screen) the internal mic is not working when using FaceTime (or Skype) and so the person on the other end of the video/audio call is unable to hear me. On my end there is a static/crackly sound during FaceTime (or Skype) connecting since the update which I believe is related to the mic problem (no sound input on Mac during FaceTime/Skype).

HELP!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2014 3:42 PM

11 replies

Jan 2, 2015 8:46 AM in response to Mixxie

I had the exact same problem. Just got off Apple Chat with Apple. They fixed it. It is a bug and here is all they had me do. Do this in exact order:

Go to Photo Booth and record a quick video to see if your sound works there, then playback to see if your mic is working. Mine was working fine. It just wasn't working in FaceTime.

Close PhotoBooth

Go to FaceTime and go to AUDIO call. Call someone. While talking to them switch over to VIDEO. It worked for me just fine. Hang up.

Now call them from VIDEO. It worked for me again.

I told the tech we didn't do anything, he said going into PhotoBooth, then into Audio 'reboots' the mic, for lack of a better term.

If this works let us know. Hope it works for you.

Internal mic not working after updating to 10.10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.