Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi problems with Yosemite on eduroam - Delete 802.1x Profile

Hi,

after upgrading my Macbook pro retina 2013 from Mountain Lion to Yosemite would not connect anymore to the university wifi network (eduroam 802.1x).

What I noticed is that the old network settings for the 802.1x Profile could not be deleted in order to attempt a fresh new connection to the network.

The only fix that worked was to move the entire SystemConfiguration folder out of its normal location (Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration) then restart and a new folder will be created (you can move the folder to the Desktop. Then if the problem still exists, you could delete the newly-created folder and move the old one back into its original location. I got the idea from this thread Delete 802.1x Profile(s) on en0 on Lion).

Once you restart you'll see your network settings as new meaning you got rid of the old 802.1x Profile. From here just proceed as normal with your institution wifi network configuration and it should work.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), eduroam 802.1x

Posted on Nov 29, 2014 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Thanks! I was getting hanging when installing an enterprise profile even with reboots and deleting that folder solved the issue. (One note is that it is /Library/..., not the Library folder in the home directory).

2 replies

Wifi problems with Yosemite on eduroam - Delete 802.1x Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.