Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to App Store after updated iOS 8.1.1 on iPhone 4s

Hi,

I Have just updated my iPhone 4s to iOS 8.1.1 software yesterday. Somehow it keep showing that I am unable to connect with App Store.

i have checked date and time, and wifi; they are all settled properly. I have checked that it shows i have been signed in with my apple ID. when I click on app store, it shows all grey and msg with cannot connect with App Store.

Someone, please help me

thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 11:20 PM

13 replies

Dec 3, 2014 10:02 AM in response to Carson from cad

Hi Carson,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot issues with connecting to the App Store and iTunes Store, please follow the guide outlined below.

Troubleshoot issues on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

• Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time.
    Note: Time Zone may list another city in your time zone.
  • Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by tapping Settings > General > Software Update(iOS 5 or later) or connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking
    Check for Update
    on your device's Summary page.
  • Check and verify that you're in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you're on a device with cellular service, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > General > Cellular.
    Note: If connected to cellular data, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts.
  • Make sure that you have an active Internet connection. You can check the user guide for your device for help with connecting to the Internet.
  • Make sure that other devices (portable computers, for example) are able to connect to the Wi-Fi network and access the Internet.
  • Try resetting (turning off and then on again) your Wi-Fi router.
  • If the issue persists, try
    troubleshooting your Wi-Fi networks and connections.

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Cheers,

Alex H.

Dec 5, 2014 1:42 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I have the same issue; and so do others since there are other similar threads (as well as 15 people on the "I have this problem too" above). It is NOT an issue of someone's wifi not working (c'mon, really?) — it's clearly a bug that needs to be attended to.

What semi-worked for me is what is described here:

I cannot connect to App store since updating to iOS 8 on my Iphone 4

specifically, Settings>iTunes and App store> View Apple ID and confirm password.

But I still had to uninstall-reinstall several apps that were frozen after the 8.1.1 update.

Dec 11, 2014 9:26 AM in response to Carson from cad

Common Apple??? Is this really how Steve would have had it??? This is ridiculous. What I had been doing to trick my way in was going to appstore then updates then purchased apps. I would see previously purchased apps and download one to spoof past what ever your latest error in coding is. However now with 8.1.2..... I cant even do this. Please spare us the agony of pablum troubleshooting with WiFi and resolve you issue

Dec 14, 2014 8:37 PM in response to Carson from cad

Step 1: Launch the Settings app, scroll down and tap on iTunes & App Store.

Step 2: Tap on your Apple ID, and select the ‘Sign Out’ option from the pop-up menu.

User uploaded file

Step 3: Re-enter the password to your Apple ID to login again.

You should now be able to open and access the App Store on your iOS device without getting the dreaded “Can’t connect to App Store” error.

Its worked for me

Apr 14, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Carson from cad

Same problem here, I am sick and tired of all these issues with the app store, it happens from time to time and I've tried everything that was suggested in all the related forums with no results. I am ready to give up on Apple products because of how much of a pain this is and what makes matters worse is the fact that nobody knows for sure what to do to fix these stupid problems...

Can't connect to App Store after updated iOS 8.1.1 on iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.