Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new ipad air 2 stopped working and won't turn on. I tried holding the on/off button but it didn't work.

My new ipad air 2 stopped working and won't turn on. I tried holding the on/off button but it didn't work.

What should I do?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.1, Ipad air 2

Posted on Dec 3, 2014 9:19 PM

37 replies

Jul 16, 2017 1:54 PM in response to gail from maine

Gail your suggestion to clean out port saved me atleast $99. I've tried every suggestion given, even tried to restore with itunes, but computer could'nt even detect my ipad. Didn't have an air compressor or toothbrush but took chance on blowing into the port being careful not to introduce any moisture while doing so. Plugged it up and did reset and viola, it worked. I've been trying for 4 days. changed cable, plug charger and electric sockets. I noticed that around the charging port on the ipad case I use there are bits chipped off from hitting it when i plug in the cable. some of those chips must have been pushed into the port. Thanks so much for you suggestion.

Dec 3, 2017 9:09 AM in response to jtsayagog

When I was playing a game, it suddenly turned black. I went to plug a charger in, but no red battery came up. I tried to hold home button and power button simultaneously, but it won't turn on. Then, I tried to plug it into my Mac and resetting it using iTunes, but it won't connect. After that, I tried cleaning it and charging it, but still no responses.

Apr 2, 2015 6:59 PM in response to gail from maine

gail from maine

please help my son , his ipad air2+cellular , which used for 4 months only as wifi device , kind of sudden yesterday blanked that battery power is 10% need to connect to charger , he did but didn`t charge anymore , and ofcourse the device discharged and powered off , now the screen show the empty battery , down screen the sign of cable and connection to charger sign above the cabl sign , with out charing at all .... what to do ? thanks for caring to answer me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.