Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any alternatives to Attachement Tamer?

Any alternatives to Attachement Tamer? It is driving me crazy that many of my mail-recipients cannot open jpeg-files from me.

iMac

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2014 8:44 AM

I guess you mean you've already updated to Yosemite but Attachment Tamer isn't yet updated for Yosemite?

Have you tried using the normal Mail attachment lately?

19 replies

May 4, 2015 12:19 AM in response to jkonee

I put in that terminal command, but it has created another issue. Now no images show in my mail messages! Like when I share an article in Safari, the image shows as an icon.

Is it that I simply can't have it both ways, or is there a way to make images show again?

One thing I like to do is have my name show like it's written in longhand. Now that doesn't work either.

Help!

May 4, 2015 8:25 AM in response to nickcage49

Is it that I simply can't have it both ways,

You can't have it both ways.

or is there a way to make images show again?

To get it back to how it was originally use this common in the Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool NO

If you want an image to show as an icon in your email as you compose it Control (right) - click on the image and select "Show as icon" in the contextual menu.

User uploaded file

However, no matter what you setup at your end it'll be what's setup at the receipients end that controls how they view it.

The only sure file method to make sure the image doesn't display at the other end is to zip it and add the zipped file as the attachment.

Any alternatives to Attachement Tamer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.