Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, Numbers: File doesn't exist error.

Hi,

when I try to save a file in a subdirectory of Documents in Pages or Numbers I get an error "The file “test.pages” doesn’t exist." Directly saving the file in Documents and then moving it manually to a subdirectory works fine. Any other app can however save directly to the destination directory and I wonder why pages and numbers fail.

My first intuition was that it was some permission issue. I have read & write access to all subdirectories in Documents and presume that Pages/Numbers might in contrast not have those rights.

Unfortunately I don't recall when this bug first occurred (not long ago), so I presume it pertains to the current yosemite version.

Any suggestions as to what course of action I should take are highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Mark

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2014 12:11 PM

I have this problem, too, both with Pages and Numbers. I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1.

10 replies

Dec 23, 2014 1:01 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hi Peter,

ah okay maybe it is some collision between yosemite and iWork, caused by the flawed implementation you mentioned. Pre-yosemite pages seemed to work fine. No crashes or strange behavior.

Why I use pages 5.5.1? Are you referring to my usage of pages in general or that specific version? If you mean the former, I like a fire-and-forget program to churn out decent looking documents if I'm in a hurry. The latter I have never considered. I don't really use legacy versions of programs.

I noticed you stating it is a bug within the iCloud implementation. Can I disable iCloud integration to somehow forego this issue?

Regards,
Mark

Sep 14, 2015 9:38 PM in response to PeterPwned

I have this problem also in Keynote (version 6.5.3).

If try to save my file in a subfolder of my documents, it sometimes says "File does not exist".

The workaround, going back to my computer (press cmd-up several times) and then navigate back to the subfolder in my documents, does work.

In the log I see:

15/09/15 12:22:39,924 com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService[62801]: +[NSSavePanel _generateFileInfoForPaths:sandboxPermissions:]: sandbox_issue_fs_extension failed for: /Volumes/KINGSTON/20150915_app_explanation.key

So my guess is that if I have exported a document to a USB stick, then removed the disk and didn't restart Keynote, it remembers the USB stick as my current drive and it can't find my subfolder on that drive.

Pages, Numbers: File doesn't exist error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.