Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Coating Peeling Off

I noticed this a few months ago, while I was cleaning my Macbook Pro Retina screen. I wanted to get what looked like some dirt from the screen, but it got bigger and bigger the more I tried. I then learned that it's not dirt, but it's the screen anti-glare coating coming off. Anyway, I thought it was my fault, maybe I wasn't cleaning the screen as I should. I always used a slightly wet microfibre cloth.

Today I cleaned my screen again and noticed that there's more even more places where the coating is coming off. I haven't cleaned the screen since I noticed the first peel off.

The Macbook is not in warranty any more and I don't have Apple Plus care. What should I do? Is there any way Apple would fix this? Should I show it to them? I now think it's not my fault. Take a look at the pics:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 8:10 AM

Hi,

you're not the only one. There are thousands of users experiencing the same problem. There already exists a discussion in this forum, (43 pages now), where lots of people have posted there problems. Could you post your whole story here: My Retina Display has stain damage, HELP!!!

As far as I know, it is the biggest thread dealing with this. I guess Apple should realize how huge this problem is.

Good luck,

SJH

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2015 8:10 AM in response to locolatin

Hi,

you're not the only one. There are thousands of users experiencing the same problem. There already exists a discussion in this forum, (43 pages now), where lots of people have posted there problems. Could you post your whole story here: My Retina Display has stain damage, HELP!!!

As far as I know, it is the biggest thread dealing with this. I guess Apple should realize how huge this problem is.

Good luck,

SJH

Mar 22, 2015 6:51 PM in response to locolatin

I have a MBP Mid 2012 (A1398) and have noticed this "peeling" issue for some time now. It has been getting worse and I do have Apple care which expires this July. I just ended a chat session with support and this person has never heard of this issue before. I even sited a few articles regarding this to her so she now knows it is a problem. I have an appointment at the store this Tuesday; i will update this thread on their answer on why this is happening and if they will replace the screen.

Screen Coating Peeling Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.