Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect my bluetooth headphones

hi I'm trying to connect my sony btn200 wireless headphones to my macbook pro .both bluetooth is on but my macbook dose not seem to find my headphones.any help

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2017 8:50 PM

I had this problem with my Sony Wireless headset and tried everything that was recommended on this forum. No luck, even counting the 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi etc. to make sure I got it right.

I found a way! For me I had to set it to factory settings. I followed the website linked below to do this.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30061/kw/MAC/related/1

You pretty much need to hold down the 'phone/pause/play' symbol on your headset along with the power button whilst the headset is OFF. The blue light should flash quickly (after ~7-10 seconds) and that is when you let it go. It should then flash blue and turn off. Okay. So it should be on factory settings now and then follow what others have mentioned one here: hold down for 7 seconds (you can do 2 but I will keep doing 7 to be safe). If it is searching to connect to something it should flash blue and red.

I hope that helped some lost soul out there like me lol.

56 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2017 8:50 PM in response to djyoungun

I had this problem with my Sony Wireless headset and tried everything that was recommended on this forum. No luck, even counting the 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi etc. to make sure I got it right.

I found a way! For me I had to set it to factory settings. I followed the website linked below to do this.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30061/kw/MAC/related/1

You pretty much need to hold down the 'phone/pause/play' symbol on your headset along with the power button whilst the headset is OFF. The blue light should flash quickly (after ~7-10 seconds) and that is when you let it go. It should then flash blue and turn off. Okay. So it should be on factory settings now and then follow what others have mentioned one here: hold down for 7 seconds (you can do 2 but I will keep doing 7 to be safe). If it is searching to connect to something it should flash blue and red.

I hope that helped some lost soul out there like me lol.

Jan 17, 2017 7:31 AM in response to djyoungun

Solved.

I had the same issue with another generic brand of bluetooth headsets. It seems that every brand has its own way to start the pairing process. And it seems that for several brands the trick is to press the "on" button on the headset to turn it on, but instead of just press it, in order to pair it with an apple device, it is necessary to keep pressing the power on button for at least 5 seconds. it is also necessary to have the "System preferences Bluetooth on" and the wheel turning in search of a pairing device. It worked for me.

-Os.

Jun 25, 2017 12:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you to Osvgilbates and ChrisJ4203. That was my problem exactly. The phone was automatically pairing to my phone and then not being seen by my laptop. I turned bluetooth off on my phone, put the headphones into pairing mode (which required holding the power button down a few more seconds after the normal "Power On" stage) and they finally appeared in the available devices on my Macbook. Thanks for posting this.

Jul 31, 2017 7:26 PM in response to djyoungun

More than 2550 people have the same question...hmmmmm.

After updating to OSX 10.12.6, MacBookPro 2013, the headphones/bluetooth started to worked erratic and then just didn't work anymore, no connect at all😕. Tried all kinds of resets before i found this information here.

Well, it seems that the issue is gone now, worked with Monster iSport Wireless headphones.

Thank you Steve..err...djyoungun

Jan 2, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Karin Linnea

I would suggest going into the settings area of the laptop and find the Bluetooth settings. There must be some information there. Can't get any more detailed, since I do not know the make and operating system of your laptop. You would also need to know what Bluetooth profiles the laptop supports, and what is needed by this audio system to work. More information on how to connect to the device should be found on the Sony support site.

Jun 22, 2015 4:14 PM in response to djyoungun

@djyoungun Hope this helps thanks for your original post.

I finally did it! I thought it was not possible but it has worked on the first try, thank goodness!

Alright peeps here are the steps.

Computers: MacBook Pro Late 2013 and Macbook Pro Late 2011
OSX: Mavericks Yosemite

Bluetooth headphones: Sony Model MDR-ZX770BN
http://store.sony.com/bluetooth-and-noise-canceling-headset-zid27-M/MDRZX770BN/c at-27-catid-All-Headphones-Earbuds

Steps: Open your bluetooth settings hold alt/option down and press bluetooth symbol at the top of the menu screen next to power meter or go to settings> Bluetooth. Make sure bluetooth is turned on*

When you start seeing the loading symbolUser uploaded file take the headphones and push the power button and hold for exactly 7 seconds. You then should see your headphones in the bluetooth devices and the pair button. Push pair and it should work. Try a song and jam on!
This worked not only on one computer but two and on both operating systems: Mavericks and Yosmite

I only tested this on this exact Sony brand, the noise canceling wireless bluetooth headphones. I'm not sure it will work on every brand, but so far so good. I was so disappointed after spending over $200 bucks for this not to work. To my shear surprise I finally got it to work. Hope this helps!
-A

can't connect my bluetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.