Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else's iPhone 6 plus crash repeatedly?

Just got this phone last week, it keeps crashing like crazy. Even freezes on me. Blue screen appears at times before restarting randomly. Apple support already suggested I backup and restore but that did not help. Anyone have similar issues?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 4:50 PM

12 replies

Jan 15, 2015 3:58 PM in response to imthemap

Yep! I'm on my 3rd iPhone 6 Plus as each has been replaced due to hardware issues. Phone would reboot, freeze, keyboards would lock up, Safari and apps crash. Each have become paper weights as they all constantly crash and lose wifi connectivity. I've had Apple Care send my phone Diagnostics to their engineers, have met with numerous Geniuses at my local Apple Store and they've all said it's hardware, every time. The last Genius I met with said it's no doubt a RAM issue as he was on his 2nd 6 Plus himself! I was advised to return mid-Feb to get another replacement phone from "newer replacement stock." Good luck but I personally recommend contacting Apple and getting a case number. All my best...

Jan 22, 2015 1:11 AM in response to imthemap

I have the same problem too. I have a replaced phone once however the phone owns the same problem. The screen will flash white/ bule suddenly and randomly. Apple support dose not concern that is hardware issue (They said everything is good at station) and ask me to restart the software. I have done all I could do. Unfortunately, the problem still exist. Then I have another connection with tech support. Now tech support asks me to make a record of this problem. I feel very confused to how to record this problem. This problem comes suddenly and randomly. Sigh

After, software restarts, I got a funny screen. Let me show you. How lovely screen is! (The abnormal snow should be white block) I wish that I would not get the answer of this caused by non-official app.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Mar 11, 2015 12:47 AM in response to Dorydoris

I Am replacement number 4, iPhone 6 plus 128 GB, constant rebooting averaginc about 7 - 9 times a day. Did every Apple troubleshooting to date, also worked with a senior advisor for about 3 months. Updated to 8.2, no resolve whatsoever. Tonight (3/10/15) tried to restore as new phone, and install apps one by one. Now, constant reboot! Did recovery mode, even worse! Goes to black screen with apple logo, then white for about a second, then back to the loop!

AFter 4 replacements, all updated with Apple updates, no fix. I am at a loss of what else to do!

i Also have daily logs dating back to December 7, 2014 documenting all my reboots and issues! Numerous videos, and pictures of what happens. Apple fix or refund me my money!!! I am starting to think about pursuing legal action to get this resolved, not a threat, just sad nothing is being done about this serious issue!

Mar 11, 2015 10:24 AM in response to gery2852

Trust me when I have tried EVERYTHING that Apple suggested. I am working with senior advisor and he has mentioned that it is affecting some people. Apple engineers are supposedly working on the issue, but I know nothing will happen. It's the TLC NAND chips installed. The characteristics that occur are memory based.

If Apple doesn't do anything about this, I may have to look at Android for the phone aspect, can't have unreliable device which I depend on for work and personal assistance. I don't want to, love Apple, but I am being forced to go to something that is more reliable now.

Mar 25, 2015 7:50 PM in response to imthemap

Yep! I'm on my 3rd iPhone 6 Plus as each has been replaced due to multiple issues. Phone would reboot, freeze, keyboards would lock up, Safari and apps crash. Each have become paper weights as they all constantly crash and lose wifi connectivity. I've had Apple Care send 3 handsets numerous Geniuses at technical team support tried to help and they say nothing can be done no compensation ....Tired of communicating and started google about this and found many people having same issue....

Anyone else's iPhone 6 plus crash repeatedly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.