Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam invoice received

I got a email to me with the subject

Your receipt #1201404301

i opend this as i thought it was my daughter buying something without me knowing, but on further reading the name was different and i was getting billed for £11

User uploaded file User uploaded file
User uploaded file

Billed To:
Order Number: M2M3M8BXX0
Receipt Date: 01/16/15
Order Total: £11.97
Billed To: Visa/MasterCard ....****

User uploaded file
Item Number Description Unit Price
User uploaded file
1 Perfect Stranger (feat. Katy B)
User uploaded file Write a Review User uploaded file Report a Problem
£3.99
2 Chopper (Shy FX Remix)
£3.99
3 Masterblaster 2000 (Original Radio Edit)
£3.99
User uploaded file
User uploaded file

Issues with this transaction?
If you haven't authorized this transaction ,click the link below to get full refund.
Go to the Help Centre at: Report a Problem
2015 Apple Online Support

User uploaded file
User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file
User uploaded file
Best Behaviour - EP
N-Dubz
User uploaded file
Look What The Cat Dragged In
Giggs
User uploaded file
Hard (feat. David Rodigan & Newham Generals) - Single
Breakage
User uploaded file
Love You More - Single
JLS
User uploaded file

All looks like a itunes email but when you click report a scam warning comes up.

Just be aware of these emails

< Personal Information Edited By Host >

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2017 12:26 PM

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2017 12:26 PM in response to Mike5635

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

If it is a phishing email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com

Jan 16, 2015 3:40 AM in response to watts498

You could forward the email to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

If anybody else comes across this thread and is unsure whether an email is genuine or not :

viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store.

phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email

genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.

Jan 16, 2015 4:01 AM in response to watts498

It's not clear whether the 'Billed To' address is yours but I've asked the Hosts to remove it anyway. Never post personal details in an open forum.

The 'Report a Problem' link leads to an address at a domain registered by Enom Inc. You could send a copy to abuse@enom.com - I don't know whether they care that a domain they have registered is being used for scam purposes but it might be worth trying.

Jan 16, 2015 6:17 AM in response to watts498

I received similar this morning

Order ID: ID31WX175T
Receipt Date: 16/01/2015
Order Total: GBP 38.59
Billed To: Credit Card

Item Category Type Unit Price
User uploaded file
Space Qube Game iOS APP GBP 38.59
User uploaded file
Order Total: GBP 38.59
User uploaded file

If you initiated this download, you can disregard this email.

I have checked my purchase history but your bill it just says Credit card. It was sent from no-reply@btconnect so i will report it to BT also. I have noticed since I switched to BT as my Broadband supplier the number of scam e-mails has increased.

Feb 16, 2015 5:07 AM in response to Kathy42

I know only too well the script with putting details into websites but a combination of being away and kids getting new ipad touches I paniced and started to put information into the "click here to cancel".

I got all the way to the end before the penny finally dropping and DID NOT hit the last submit button.

Can anyone tell me if the bank/credit card information is transferred when you hit "Next" or is it only sent when the final submit button is clicked.

Still very, very angry with myself so please don't get on to me!!!!!

We have informed the bank and credit card companies so they are monitoring the accounts but just thought I would ask.

Thanks

Feb 27, 2015 4:18 PM in response to watts498

Hi,

I just wanted to get this information out there so I'll copy and paste the fake itunes receipt (scam invoice) I received (just like the one OP watts498 got) --which will include an email address and name (NOT MINE naturally - but Part of the scam) Just in case somebody receives the same exact copy and decides to look up the name/email/address to confirm. Below That email, I'll post another similar itunes warning message - which is another scam! These emails tend to LOOK like they could be genuine, but they aren't.

None of the following include any of my personal details, and I have reported them to "reportphishing@apple.com" already.

If you do receive an email similar to the ones below please notice that the sender (email it comes from) will be your own! (as if you sent it to yourself) ALSO, King_Penguin mentions above some definitive ways to ascertain if it is a fake.

Thanks for opening this thread and thanks to the contributors who posted and admin/moderators/etc for maintaining it.. I hope people will continue to find the time to warn others!

r.t.q.

--

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Billed To:

alfie.hughes@hotmail.co.uk
alfie Hughes
23 faraday avenue
da16 3et welling
GBR
Order Number: M2M3M8BXX0
Receipt Date: 01/16/15
Billed To: Visa/MasterCard ....****

User uploaded file
Item Number Description Unit Price
User uploaded file
1 Perfect Stranger (feat. Katy B)
£3.99
2 Chopper (Shy FX Remix)
£3.99
3 Masterblaster 2000 (Original Radio Edit)
£3.99
User uploaded file
User uploaded file

If you haven't authorized this transaction ,click the link below to get full refund.
Go to the Help Centre at: Report a Problem

User uploaded file
User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file
User uploaded file
Best Behaviour - EP
N-Dubz
User uploaded file
Look What The Cat Dragged In
Giggs
User uploaded file
Hard (feat. David Rodigan & Newham Generals) - Single
Breakage
User uploaded file
Love You More - Single
JLS
User uploaded file

Account Information " Purchase History
Apple respects your privacy
Information regarding your personal information can be viewed at http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/privacy/
This is not a VAT notice. Copyright © 2015 iTunes S.£ r.l. All rights reserved

(( THIS EMAIL IS NOT FROM APPLE. It is FAKE. Do not open any of the links!!! ))

--

Your Apple ID was just used to purchase TuneIn Radio Pro £9.99 from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase.

This purchase was initiated from Spain.

If you made this purchase, you can disregard this email. It was only sent to alert you in case you did not make the purchase yourself.

If you did not make this purchase, we recommend that you go to iforgot.apple.com to change your password, then see Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

Regards,
Apple

User uploaded file

TM and Copyright ý 2013 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA.

All rights reserved / Keep Informed / Privacy Policy / My Apple ID

--

(( THIS EMAIL IS NOT FROM APPLE. It is FAKE. Do not open any of the links!!! ))

Feb 27, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Dougie1709

JUST my two cents:

If you stopped before Confirming with the final Submit, with normal systems you've sent No information or payment anywhere. However I'm not an expert and I don't know how advanced some of these scams are and what technology they're using, so I don't want to offer terrible info and false hope. Hopefully somebody better qualified will reply here and provide peace of mind (just as the credit card company will provide info and request authorization on suspicious activity in your future transactions).

That being said: I still think the whole point of making something look authentic is to get people to complete the process in order to get anything worthwhile.

Best of luck..

OH, and the reason for so many dedicated sites and forums on the subject is that it can happen to anyone! so don't be too hard on yourself, especially since you've taken all the right steps to try and rectify!

May 4, 2015 1:32 PM in response to watts498

I got a scam e-mail today May 4 2015:

Date:05-04-2015 1:53 PM (GMT-07:00)

To: a-kisio@hotmail.com

Subject: Your Receipt No. 421900128000

Apple iTunes
May 04, 2015

Billed To: a-kisio@hotmail.com
Order ID: F7H8J2SD5G
Receipt Date: 05/04/2015

Order Total: $179.98
Billed To: Store Credit

Item Artist

Horrible Bosses 2 Sean Anders
The Maze Runner Wes Ball

Type Unit Price

Film Rental(HD) $87.99
Film Rental(HD) $91.99

Order Total
$179.98

Go to the Help Centre at: http:/www.store.apple.com/movie/store/login/secure/info

THIS WAS A FAKE, EVEN THOUGH IT LOOKED REAL. I HAD NO TRANSACTION HISTORY ON MY ITUNES NOR WAS I CHARGED ON MY CREDIT CARD.

Oct 22, 2015 2:52 AM in response to watts498

I recieved this:

Dear Apple ID (oh_archey@hotmail.com)
Thank you for buying the following product on 10/22/2015 9:34:24 a.m.
Product Name: CoPilot Premium HD
Order Number: 70063078
Receipt Date: 10/22/2015 9:34:24 a.m.
Order total: 34.99 GBP.

If you did not authorize this purchase, please: Click here for Refund

I thought it was fake to begin with but I checked my bank account to be sure and there was no payments or pending payments.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on 'Click here for Refund' and it took me to a page asking me for credit card information.

The apple menu bar at the top of the page wasn't even made up of buttons. It was just an unclickable image...

Scam invoice received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.