Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is timeprofile calendar and how to get rid of it?

A "calendar" called timeprofile popped up on my calendar list. It seems to be related to my exchange account but it was never there before. I tried to delete it but I can't seem to be able to. What's worse, ical keeps trying to delete it and now I get repeated alerts asking me to either "retry", "revert to server" or "ignore". But no matter what I choose, it seems to try anyway and the alerts keep popping up all day long. It's driving me crazy! Help me at least kill the delete job.

Posted on Jan 17, 2015 1:07 PM

17 replies

Jan 20, 2015 10:55 PM in response to Nerico

I was unable to affect this problem in any way from my local machine. What appears to be happening is that the "TimeProfile" calendar has been exposed, but as a user you do not have any rights to delete it. When you try, it gets stuck in a loop that disallows even the syncing of new calendars.

To fix this: I had to log into office365 through the Outlook Web Client (outlook.office365.com) and add a new calendar entry to my main calendar. When iCal received the new calendar entry, it forgot about the attempt to delete the "TimeProfile" calendar and un-stuck itself.

To keep it fixed: I am not touching the "TimeProfile" calendar for any reason. Do not try to delete it again until someone figures out why it is visible and fixes it. I have a feeling it isn't supposed to be visible and a recent update to either end is making it so. If I had to guess, I'd say wait a month and the next whatever patch will clear it.

Jan 21, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Nerico

looking for connections to this random issue. Any 3rd party service for scheduling such as:

TimeTrade?

Doodle?

Schedule Once?

It is clearly not an issue with other Exchange MAC users here in my office.

Maybe a common APP or common setup between use of iCal and the Office 365 service.

Maybe a historic version of build or original account issue. For example: I was a day 1 adopter of mobileme. The change over to iCloud created a number of issues for me based on the old account.

My IT guys are in the backend working on this. They have been able to change the name of TimeProfile to TimeProfile- DELETE but they cannot seem to get rid of it. No log work done yet but odd it showed up for everyone around or just before the 17th.

3rd Party Calendar Apps???

Fantastical

Sunrise (recent update)

The Tech guys are working with Exchange Office 365 now. I'll update if anything changes.

Jan 21, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Eng_J

Eng_J wrote:

I was unable to affect this problem in any way from my local machine. What appears to be happening is that the "TimeProfile" calendar has been exposed, but as a user you do not have any rights to delete it. When you try, it gets stuck in a loop that disallows even the syncing of new calendars.

To fix this: I had to log into office365 through the Outlook Web Client (outlook.office365.com) and add a new calendar entry to my main calendar. When iCal received the new calendar entry, it forgot about the attempt to delete the "TimeProfile" calendar and un-stuck itself.

To keep it fixed: I am not touching the "TimeProfile" calendar for any reason. Do not try to delete it again until someone figures out why it is visible and fixes it. I have a feeling it isn't supposed to be visible and a recent update to either end is making it so. If I had to guess, I'd say wait a month and the next whatever patch will clear it.

UPDATE: I tried this and so far it seems to be working. One note though, just in case. I have no idea if this is necessary or not but I made sure that Outlook wasn't open while I did this, just in case. I don't use the exchange calendar (although I can't keep others from sending invites to it), but I do use Outlook for my work email. I just wanted to make sure that iCal was the only app accessing my exchange account while I was trying the fix. Like others said, TimeProfile is still there but at least no more constant delete error pop-ups.

Jan 22, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Nixclevername

No don't try to create a new calendar. If your default calendar is called "Calendar" create an entry. A fake birthday or dentist appointment or whatever you want. When that event sync's to your local machine is clears the error with TimeProfile. After it clears the error, don't touch the TimeProfile calendar or try to delete it.

Jan 22, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Eng_J

I have followed your steps supposed to fix it, creating a calendar entry through the office365 web frontend. However this new entry never seems to arrive on iCal. When I then force a calendar sync using the appropriate Calendar menu point, the usual message "can't delete the calendar "TimeProfile" pops up again. Am I missing something ?

Seems iCal can't sync so the calendar entry does not get through, yet as the calendar entry does not get sync'ed iCal does not forget about the calendar deletion.... :/

Jan 23, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Nerico

If you use Office 365, then this is a server-side microsoft issue. The following service alert was posted on the office 365 service status:

Current Status: Engineers have received reports of an extra calendar folder appearing in some user mailboxes. Engineers have identified the cause of the issue and are developing a fix to resolve the issue.

User Experience: Affected users have an additional calendar folder in their mailbox that cannot be deleted titled "TimeProfile". The extra calendar folder does not affect the user's primary calendar and can be ignored until the fix is implemented to remove it.

Customer Impact: Customer impact appears to be limited at this time. This issue affects users connecting through Outlook for Mac and Apple Calendar.

Incident Start Time: Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 12:00 AM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: As part of our ongoing efforts to implement new feature improvements, an update was deployed to the calendar service; however, the update caused a hidden system folder to appear in the mailbox for Exchange Web Services (EWS) clients.

Next Update by: Monday, January 26, 2015, at 9:00 PM UTC

What is timeprofile calendar and how to get rid of it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.