Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar can’t delete the calendar “TimeProfile” from the Exchange server

Hello,

I opened Calendar today and saw a new calendar called TimeProfile added to my Exchange account. I went to Outlook Web App, couldn't see it there, same on iOS devices.

User uploaded file

I deleted this calendar then got the following pop-up:

User uploaded file

I selected Revert to Server, the calendar was back but kept getting this pop-up.

I disabled Calendar sync for this account, then enabled it back, kept getting this alert and the events aren't syncing for the other Exchange calendar (in this case, it is called Calendar).

I rebooted my Mac, it didn't help either.

Removing the Exchange account completely might help, but downloading all my emails will take a lot of time.

Anyone has a solution for this please?

Thank you.

N.B. I listed this post in MacBook Pro as I couldn't find a community for Yosemite.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), (9,2) 2.9GHz i7, 8GB, 480GB SSD

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 9:01 PM

Removing the Exchange account completely might help, but downloading all my emails will take a lot of time.

That's your best chance of solving the problem on your own. Anything else would probably involve the server administrator.

19 replies

Jan 15, 2015 11:29 AM in response to AMDeeb

I had exactly the same problem around the same time you did...removing the account and restoring forced the error to go away but not the calendar. Can I ask if yours went away or just the error message fro deleting it? Who is your exchange provider? I use Microsoft themselves (Hosted Exchange Plan) so I'm interested in particular if you are on the same host.

Thanks,

JMG

Jan 15, 2015 12:46 PM in response to iJMG

Hi JMG,

My Exchange account is provided by Microsoft (Office 365 Business Essential). The calendar remains, just the error went away, so It seems that was an under-the-hood change for Exchange as this calendar appear to my friend who has an Office 365 account as well.

I hope this helps.

AMDeeb

Jan 23, 2015 10:30 AM in response to Eng_J

If you use Office 365, then there is a service announcement from Microsoft about this issue:

Current Status: Engineers have received reports of an extra calendar folder appearing in some user mailboxes. Engineers have identified the cause of the issue and are developing a fix to resolve the issue.

User Experience: Affected users have an additional calendar folder in their mailbox that cannot be deleted titled "TimeProfile". The extra calendar folder does not affect the user's primary calendar and can be ignored until the fix is implemented to remove it.

Customer Impact: Customer impact appears to be limited at this time. This issue affects users connecting through Outlook for Mac and Apple Calendar.

Incident Start Time: Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 12:00 AM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: As part of our ongoing efforts to implement new feature improvements, an update was deployed to the calendar service; however, the update caused a hidden system folder to appear in the mailbox for Exchange Web Services (EWS) clients.

Next Update by: Monday, January 26, 2015, at 9:00 PM UTC

Jan 29, 2015 8:28 AM in response to AMDeeb

Here's the latest I saw from Microsoft this morning. Looks like they're in slow motion on a fix:

Current Status: The deployment of the fix is taking longer than initially anticipated. Engineers are continuing to deploy the fix across the affected infrastructure to address end-user impact. Further investigation has determined that the fix will enable removal of the errant folder from the Apple Calendar, however, third party software may cause the errant folder to reappear.

User Experience: Affected users are seeing an additional folder in their calendar, titled "TimeProfile", that cannot be deleted. The extra folder does not affect the user's primary calendar and can be ignored.

Customer Impact: Customer impact appears to be limited at this time. Initially impact appeared to affect both Outlook for Mac and the Apple Calendar. Additional investigation determined that the appearance of the errant folder is isolated to the Apple Calendar.

Incident Start Time: Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 12:00 AM UTC

Estimated Restoration Time: Wednesday, February 04, 2015, at 11:00 PM UTC

Preliminary Root Cause: As part of our ongoing efforts to implement new feature improvements, an update was deployed to the calendar service; however, the update caused a hidden system folder to appear in the calendar for Exchange Web Services (EWS) clients.

Next Update by: Wednesday, February 04, 2015, at 11:00 PM UTC

Calendar can’t delete the calendar “TimeProfile” from the Exchange server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.