Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know why my free apps are being declined

Can anyone help??? My free app's are getting declined every time i try to down load????!!!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jan 18, 2015 1:27 PM

23 replies

Jan 20, 2015 7:19 AM in response to ckuan

It isn't required to have a card on the account.

BUT If it says there is a billing issue with the previous purchase that means you need to add a different debit/credit card to the account or an iTunes gift card, since the last purchase you tried to make declined.

If you don't get that message & do not have family sharing set up, go to the payment information section & remove the card.

Jan 21, 2015 10:19 AM in response to ckuan

I feel like I assisted many people who may come across this thread just by correcting you, because it is not necessary, mandatory or required to have a credit or debit card on the Apple ID account. Now they will know. Now you know. I don't think it is okay for you to give misinformation as I am sure you wouldn't like wrong info given to you.

If the OP has checked the first answer I had given aimed towards both you and him/her that IS helpful info.

If you don't like my answers, don't reply and I cannot respond back to you. :]

I don't have a Kit Kat bar, so I cannot give you a break of anything or of any sort.

Jan 22, 2015 4:00 AM in response to ckuan

Yes I am right, when you have family sharing set up and when you want to make purchases (but don't have an iTunes gift card). Other than that, no it is not mandatory. As I said, if you don't like my response you can simply not reply but since you continued to, I most certainly will reply. If you'd like I can even look up the info for you and post that to back up my CORRECT answers. 😀

Jan 22, 2015 6:39 AM in response to sidkillednancy

You address me first remember! And with my level I don't need noobs advice. Go tell it to the marine.

And no, you are not correct and once again in some cases IT IS MANDATORY. (example you are single and independent and you are not living with you mother)

You also do not have to set Family sharing up and it is also not mandatory.

And only in one case you are right and nothing more so you stop spewing nonsense.

Jan 22, 2015 7:30 AM in response to ckuan

If you are single and do not live with your mother it IS mandatory to have a credit or debit card on your Apple ID account? AHAHA. 😁😁

No. That is incorrect. YOU are wrong. You have the options of iTunes gift cards. So it is NOT mandatory to put a valid debit or credit card to your Apple ID.

Did you see my screenshots? I have the option for NONE. 😀

I don't live with my family. I am independent and I use iTunes gift cards with my Apple ID. Never put a debit or credit card on it. EVER.

ℹ Yes, in some cases it IS mandatory:

- Family sharing.

-- If family sharing IS set up, a card IS mandatory for the ORGANIZER so the n it ties that card to the other members.

- If you want to make a purchase but you do not have an iTunes gift card.

- If you owe money to iTunes, to pay it off you can use another credit/debit card or an iTunes gift card.

I never said setting up family sharing IS mandatory.

Jan 22, 2015 7:34 AM in response to sidkillednancy

sidkillednancy wrote:

Again. You do NOT need a card on the account. So you are wrong. I have attached pictures if you can see them...

If you WANT to make purchases or have family sharing, then yes you NEED a card on your Apple ID.

I have NONE selected. I have no card on my account & I download items just fine. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

You need to learn how to address your replies to the people who asked the question, you'll just annoy others with your spray it around method.

Jan 22, 2015 7:38 AM in response to debbiefromsheffield

It isn't required to have a card on the account.

BUT If it says there is a billing issue with the previous purchase that means you need to add a different debit/credit card to the account or an iTunes gift card, since the last purchase you tried to make declined.

If you don't get that message & do not have family sharing set up, go to the payment information section & remove the card.

Does anyone know why my free apps are being declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.