Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air cant sign in imessage and facetime for ios 8.1.2

Hi

Before I make this topic, I read a lot of topics about the same problem as mine and I cant fine any solution. So my problem is: after updating to 8.1.2 for my ipad air, I have to sign in my imessage and facetime again and it says: "Imessage or Facetime activation. An error occurred during activation. Try again."

What I have done is

_ Set Date&Time automatically,

_ Set My info to my contact number
_ Reset network setting

_ Sign out icloud and sign in again

_ Sing out apple ID and sign in again

So, is there any way to fix the problem now or we have to wait from the engineers?

Thank you

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 10:40 AM

9 replies

Jan 22, 2015 11:11 AM in response to SergZak

I Have been following these discussions (more than a few I might add) for about two weeks. I have never seen so many people reporting problems with this. What is really mysterious is the fact that the apps just quit working on these people out of the blue - for no reason at all - and then they are unable to activate them again. Some of these people have contacted Apple and they claim that Apple does know about it and that they are working on a resolution.

Frankly, I don't know what to think but IMO, there are way too many people saying the same thing for it to be user error or hardware.

Jan 27, 2015 6:46 PM in response to deggie

I Updated my iPad Air today and it did not help with this issue. My IMessage and Facebook worked fine until the day before yesterday. I just noticed that I was getting messages to my phone but not my IPad and they have always been linked. I don't have the option to turn iMessage or Facetime on anymore. The button is not there....only the sign in block and it won't accept my iCloud account and password. I talked to Apple and they are oblivious to this problem.

ipad air cant sign in imessage and facetime for ios 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.