Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement?

Hello,

I need to get a replacement battery for my iphone 5. Is there any specific brand I should get? What's the best one?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 5:36 AM

21 replies

Feb 19, 2017 12:02 PM in response to Daniell015

How did u know u had to replace the battery? what problem where u haveing ?? cause I have a iPhone 5s and it turn off all the time even tho the battery is still charged, and sometime it won't turn back on for days and when it does it work great, but then shut down out of nowhere and for no reason, sometimes it try's to turn one if I hold the two buttons but only light up abit with a dark screen.

Jan 23, 2015 6:09 AM in response to Daniell015

Daniell015 wrote:

I know that's the best option but unfortunately here where I am there's no apple retailers, so that means I would need to send it the them and be without a phone like 1 or 2 weeks. I can't do that! :/

There are no legitimate spare parts for iPhones. Apple does provide them to the public. Anything you find will either be a salvaged part, a counterfeit part, or a stolen part. Plus, you permanently void ALL support for that device from Apple in the future.

Jan 23, 2015 6:49 AM in response to davidmintzer

davidmintzer wrote:

Nonsense. I have my battery replaced by a reliable local computer/phone center and it works fine without problems.

What part is nonsense? That Apple doesn't provide user-serviceable parts? Or that having service done by someone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider voids your Apple support?

Please, cite your sources.

Apple does NOT sell parts to anyone other than Apple Authorized Service Providers. Whatever part they used, unless that are an Apple Authorized Service Provider, was not a legitimate Apple part, or it was reclaimed from another device, or it was stolen. End of story.

Jan 23, 2015 8:01 AM in response to davidmintzer

Not sure what point you are arguing.

Apple does not sell or provide official replacement part at all.

Having any work done by a third party or using third party parts voids your warranty.

These are simply true statements. Not "fan boy mentality".

It does not mean that you can get all kinds of work done that is effective. It simply means that they are not using official Apple authorized parts and that Apple will no longer service the device.

Jan 23, 2015 8:55 AM in response to davidmintzer

davidmintzer wrote:

Oh, so now Apple makes batteries. Go to Amazon and look at replacement batteries for Iphones. And then look at the hundreds of reviews that show that most replacement batteries work fine. Again, utter nonsense, and more of the fan boy mentality.

No, Apple does not make batteries for iPhones intended for sale to the public. They are internal service parts only. I don't care what you found on Amazon. NONE of them are officially from Apple. They are unauthorized reproductions.

I never said using a unauthorized battery would automatically cause problems. What I SAID is that they are not legitimate parts, because Apple does not supply them. And that unauthorized service on a device voids your support from Apple. And just because your warranty has expired, that doesn't end your support from Apple. You STILL have other options. I had my iPhone 5 battery replaced by Apple, even though I was outside of warranty. [https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/]

But if I had allowed unauthorized service to be done previously, then Apple would NOT have provided support.

Your warranty expiring simply means your FREE support is ended. Apple still offers options after that. But if you perform unauthorized service, then that is voided.

No one said that the unauthorized batteries wouldn't work. What we said is that using such a service voids your Apple support, permanently.

If you replace your iPhone 5 battery on your own today, and tomorrow Apple says that they are replacing all iPhone 5 devices with a free upgrade to an iPhone 6... you don't get to do that.

Or, wait... there's also the free iPhone 5 Battery Replacement program if your device qualifies. Oops, even though your device was in the affected range of serial numbers that qualified for free service, you don't get that anymore, nor do you qualify for the free out-of-warranty Sleep/Wake button replacement program. Too bad.

https://www.apple.com/support/exchange_repair/

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

Battery replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.