Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add missing artwork after upgrading today to iTunes 12.1

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest updates. In fact, just a few minutes ago, I upgraded both the OS and iTunes to the latest versions of everything

(OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2 & iTunes 12.1.0.50). Prior to the updates I have been fixing my missing albums artwork by going on the Net and copy and paste the appropriate artwork to my missing albums without any problems. After the upgrades, I tried to continue fixing my albums to no avail, I no longer have access to add artworks to my missing albums. The grey box with the music sign that represent the artwork that I used to use to paste the photo artwork to is now grayed out and I am no longer able to paste onto that location. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your support. Bob

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 9:55 PM

Same Yosemite/ iTunes versions and setup as you (but MBA) and I can add artwork. I typically save the file first, rather than copy and paste, have you tried that? Also, in iTunes 12 it seems that to add artwork you drag it to the header of the Get Info window.

23 replies

Jan 31, 2015 3:30 AM in response to Rfourcand

Not able to save album art to iTunes m4v movie file. Right clicked file in iTunes and chose MORE INFO, clicked the ARTWORK tab, used the ADD ARTWORK button. Image appears in info window but disappears when clicking OK. Image was not saved. All other text info was. Also tried to copy and paste inside artwork tab, does not let me. Also tried dragging the image to the artwork tab in both the top and middle areas, again image appears but then disappears when clicking OK. Also tried the OPTION KEY-RIGHT CLICK work around that worked in the previous version, no longer available. Using iTunes version 12.1.0.50 on 2009 iMac with Yosemite 10.10.2 Any info or discussion would be greatly appreaciated.

Feb 9, 2015 10:12 AM in response to zenjim

zenjim wrote:

Apple broke the feature and needs to fix it

If that were the case, why does embedding artwork into native files still work for me on iTunes 12.1?

Are you working with mp3 files? If so, what ID3 tag version are they? If you're using v2.4 then that may be the problem as it never has worked well, only v2.3 should be used.

Are you certain that this is not a file permissions issue?

Feb 9, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Rfourcand

Im having the exact same issue on all of my apple computers. All using latest version of Yosemite and latest 12.1.0.50 version of iTunes and no matter what method or hack I've tried I can not get the movie artwork to show up after clicking OK. In fact, now the ADD ARTWORK option is grayed out on a few of the movies I was messing around with. I'm replying to this post in hopes that someone finds a workaround and posts it here before Apple bothers to fix this. May not be a big deal to them but seeing random screen shots instead of movie posters in my Apple TV library is KILLING my OCD lol

Feb 10, 2015 9:42 PM in response to Kev3704

I am in the same situation now...MacBook Pro, Yosemite 10.10.2, iTunes 12.1.0.50 saving onto the same NAS I have been using for many months, new .mp4 files will no longer accept artwork, all other updates added through "get info" work and stay, artwork, does not. Prior to the last iTunes update through "get info" I had the same problem but could use the "option_get info" work around, now that seems to be broken too.

Unable to add missing artwork after upgrading today to iTunes 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.